Were you looking for a stylish, powerful and great sounding Music Server? Here it is!
As you know, our Shop mission is to offer great bang-for-buck Music gizmos. And this is why I am extremely proud to present you the Mini86: a ready-to-play Volumio powered Music Server and Streamer for USB DAC owners.
The Volumio Mini86 has one simple goal: be the most sensible x86-based device for USB DAC owners, seeking the best of the Volumio experience. I’ve searched trough the whole web for more than one year to find it, and tested it for another year to be sure it was actually capable of delivering the above.
This is the source I use in my main system, coupled with iFi’s iPurifier2 to feed my main USB DAC.
Let’s see what makes the Mini86 such a great bang for buck Audiophile Music Player:
- It’s powered by a dual-core Intel X86 Celeron 1007U clocked at 1.50 Ghz. This means it’s a powerful enough yet low consumption device for music playback, since its a fanless design (silent)
- It comes in a quality made full aluminum case, which looks really nice (some of you might notice a slight resemblance to a famous fruity product)
- Very fast on the networking side as well: Gigabit ethernet and dual antenna Wireless N
- Complete and flexible with 6 USB ports, HDMI, Analog in\out connections
- Available in 2 configurations: standard 2GB RAM\8GB SSD and NAS Edition 4GB RAM\1TB HDD (you will be able to store 1TB of Music directly inside the Mini86, and to serve to your network via SAMBA)
- The Mini86 will be shipped with Volumio already installed, and with its own power supply. Just connect the Power Supply, and after 1 minute you will see the Volumio Hotspot appear. Just connect to it (password: volumio2) and you’re ready to listen to your favorite music.
- Connect any HDMI display to it, and you’ll see the Volumio UI. This means you can control it with the WebUi or with a mouse\keyboard combo
The Volumio Mini86 is available now from our SHOP, and it will have a special price until end of June, so be quick and get yours!