Cubietruck users, good news for you!
After a long while I’m finally proud to announce that Volumio is now available also for Cubietech’s Cubietruck ! As I said before, I really consider Cubietruck a great platform. Some features that amazes me are:
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wifi+BT wireless connection with antenna on-board
- SATA 2.0 interface support 2.5′ HDD where our music library can be stored
- I2s headers available on Board
- S\PDIF Audio out on Board
- Gets to your door with a nice acrylic case and 2,5” HDD connectors (not with a PSU tough…)
- IR Receiver
Here is how it looks like:
So, let’s see what the Volumio + Cubietruck combo is capable of:
- Bitperfect Playback via USB, HDMI, S\PDIF, I2S (untested)
- Every fileformat available supported (FLAC, MP3, AAC, ALAC etc.)
- UPNP\DLNA and Airplay capability
- Music Library on NAS, USB Key or SATA HDD (requires additional steps, see here)
- Connect via Wi-fi to access Volumio WebUI
- An handy script which turns the blinding flashing cubietruck’s LEDs when Volumio is on.
- IR Driver to allow Remote Control via LIRC (requires additional steps, here for Raspberry PI)
PS: A big thank to Igor Pečovnik, thanks to his excellent Distro for Cubietruck I solved most of my doubts on this platform. This Volumio release includes some of his work, like the Kernel and the LED off script. Thank you Igor, kudos!