NanoSound is not yet another Raspberry Pi audio add-on board for audiophiles. It’s unique since it pairs the same DAC as Hifiberry with:
- A on\off button (which actually turns off and on your Raspberry PI, even remotely with its remote control)
- Controls buttons that can be used to increase\decrease volume, skip tracks and pause and resume playback
- It incorporates an OLED display that show now playing informations (only PRO version)
- It comes in 2 versions: basic and pro (see table later)
- Works great with Volumio: just select the I2S DAC NanoSound and install its companion plugin
Long story short: if you’re looking for the most convenient way to control Volumio, there you have it! This convenience give you a true consumer electronics experience, while keeping the full customisation and flexibility of Raspberry Pi.
- Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC
- 192kHz Sampling Rate / 24bit Resolution Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- Hardware volume control for best quality using “alsamixer”
- Texas Instruments TPS7A4700 Ultra Low Noise Voltage Regulator
- Switchable Power Option
- Power from a single microUSB port or independently
- Raspberry Pi Power switch
- Turn on and Gracefully shut down Raspberry Pi System
- 6 GPIO buttons for Media Control
- Infrared Receiver and Remote Control
- LIRC compatible
- 1.3″ OLED display with multi-language support (PRO version)
- Resolution: 128 x 96 (PRO version)
Differences between NanoSound Basic and PRO
Want to directly drive your speakers with your Raspberry PI? There’s the Amp^2 5W Speaker & Headphone Amplifier Add on:
Just plug the Amp^2 under the NanoSound and with a single 5V Power supply you will add the capability to drive 2 loudspeakers (or a demanding headphone set).
- Switch On/Off via onboard bottons on the NanoSound DAC
- Onboard relay rated up to 2A
- Powered by single microusb or individually
- 4 layered PCB designed to eliminate internal interference from Pi
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Output Power: 24mW @20Ω, 22mw @32Ω
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR): 100db @20mW
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): 0.01% @25mW
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Output Power: 5W @2Ω, 3W @4Ω
- Efficiency: 90% @8Ω , 85% @4Ω, 80% @2Ω
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR): 90db
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): 0.15%
NanoSound is fully customizable and programmable! we take full advantage of the Raspberry Pi’s open architecture.
- The 6 buttons are simple GPIO buttons. Python source code will be provided to read button events.
- The IR receiver and control is LIRC compatible. Lircd.conf will be provided to read button input.
- The 1.3″ OLED display is using i2c. The python display driver code is open sourced.
- The onboard on/off switch uses the same design and software as theNanomesher Hackable Raspberry Pi Power Switch. It has an attiny85 onboard and is open sourced.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS
This product is shipped from Hong-Kong. International customers are responsible for any VAT and/or customs fees. These are beyond our control and will be based on declared value which is the board cost plus any options.
With Amplifier, Without
Black Case, None, White Case