Why do we love IQaudio Pi-DAC Pro? Simply. Because the Pi-DAC PRO plugs directly on the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3, there’s no need to solder or modify your Raspberry Pi and you can be enjoying Full HD audio in minutes.
Allo team used the Texas Instruments PCM5242 DAC, the big brother of the pcm5122. Featuring balanced output, better Signal to Noise Ratio and THD. With the Linux drivers built in to Raspbian no kernel recompilation is needed and the DAC PRO is supported by all the regular audio software, just like the Pi-DAC+. It’s also compatible with the Pi-AMP+
The Pi-DAC PRO also includes the Pi-DAC headphone amplifier delivering an all in one Full HD audio experience for those who listen through headphones, volume is again hardware based under software control and shared with Line Out.
With Differential / Balanced output it allows connection to studio equipment or powered speakers over long cable runs. Now you can run your disco, radio station or home studio from a Raspberry Pi!
Finally, the Pi-DAC PRO is a fully HAT compliant Raspberry Pi expansion board with EEPROM support, the Pi-DAC PRO delivers Full HD audio from your Raspberry Pi. As the Pi-DAC PRO uses the same family of audio chipset as the Pi-DAC+ and full Linux device driver support is already built into the official Raspbian Linux distribution.
- Raspberry Pi HAT (A+/B+/2/3) compliant accessory
- Full-HD audio – up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Integrated hardware volume control (via ALSA)
- Built in High quality audio headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- Class leading audio; 114db SNR, and -94db THD
- Audiophile TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5242)
- Advanced ESD protection
- Uses the digital I2S audio signals to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions
- Raspberry Pi powered, no external power requirements
- Industry standard audio quality Phono/RCA connectors
- Balanced output exposed on PCB
- Build in mini DSP
- Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
- The Balanced output is exposed via two 3pin no fit headers. You will have to provide these yourself.
- Although compatible with the Pi-AMP+, an additional 2×5 pin header must be soldered.
- The standard IQaudIO case will work with the Pi-DACPro but no cut outs are provided for balanced output.
- Uses the same IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ Linux drivers so no new software configurations needed.
|Full-HD 192kHz / 24bit||YES|
|Designed for Pi Zero||NO|
|Raspberry Pi3 compatible||YES|
|Raspberry Pi2 compatible||YES|
|Raspberry A+/B+ compatible||YES|
|Raspberry A+ compatible||YES|
|Raspberry B+ compatible||YES|
|Compatible with original Raspberry Pi||NO|
|Pi DigiAMP+ compatible||