What if with a single plug-and-play accessory we could eliminate the biggest drawbacks of USB Audio transmission?
Well, here it is. The iFi – iPurifier2 does exactly that:
- It’s a USB Reclocker: when an incoming audio signal is detected, the iPurifier 2 will re-clock the audio stream with its high quality clocks, almost eliminating jitter. This results in an audible improvement in detail, sounstage and instrumental separation.
- It’s a noise Cleaner: by generating a signal identical to the noise signal but in the exact opposite phase, it actively cancels all the incoming noise. This technology (ANC, active noise cancellation) is drawn from military radar tech.
- It’s a rebalancer: by removing the DC offset and ‘re-balancing’ the USB audio signal, the signal will beperfectly balanced. As it purifies the USB audio data stream, this means noise is significantly reduced. Plus, its output impedance is exactly 90 Ohms, as per USB standards. So you will get perfect impedance matching with your USB DAC
WHY WE LIKE IT:
- It’s as straightforwarding as it could be: it simply plugs in between the USB cable coming from the computer, and your USB DAC , and it is ready to use. There are no drivers to install, and no adjustments to make.
- The sonic improvement is easily noticeable: better details, better dynamic, better instrumental separation. If you were about to change your DAC, get this instead.
- It works with any USB DAC, since it’s available with all USB connectorys types. Make sure you select the right one (the most common is USB Type-B)
- Build quality and aesthetics of the device are excellent: full aluminium body and a tiny footprint
TO SUM UP
The iPurifier2 delivers a comprehensive USB signal quality solution. From common electrical, protocol, data and EMI/RFI issues, the iPurifier2 solves them all, in one, thumb-sized design. It is compatible with every USB DAC you might have, and it will definetely improve its sound qualities. In our opinion, this is the definitive accessory for USB DAC owners.
The overall impression is one of more clarity, despite my systems producing more than acceptable clarity without the iPurifier2. But it is easy to detect, from the top end to the bass, everything sounds better defined, and more focussed…
… I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the iFi iPurifier2 to anybody using a USB DAC or converter to supply the music signal to their hi-fi system
|· Active Noise Cancellation® (ANC®) military-grade circuit|
|· REclock® re-clocked/generated/repeat eliminates USB jitter, frame and packet noise, restores USB signal integrity|
|· REbalance® corrects USB signal balance and impedance mismatch|
|· USB Audio Class 2.0 (supports all formats DSD512/PCM768/2xDXD|
|· USB 3.0 + 2.0 compatible input port, USB2.0 High Speed output port|
|· Connectors: iFi ‘FINAL’ USB solid-aluminium connectors (Impedance: 90 ohms) 2.1A|
|· Dimensions: 62(l)x19(w)x18(h)mm|
|· Weight: 30g (0.1 lbs)|
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS
This product is shipped from Ifi-Audio in UK. International customers are responsible for any VAT and/or customs fees. These are beyond our control and will be based on declared value which is the board cost plus any options.
|Dimensions||6.2 x 1.9 x 1.8 cm|
USB Type A, USB Type B, USB Type C