The Mamboberry LS DAC+ is one of the finest implementation of the beloved ESS 9023 DAC, with a a very sophisticated power supply, made with selected high quality components.
Collybia made its name with a solid approach, devoted to achieving the best possible sound quality by using high quality parts on the board and carefully designing the power rail with an approach to eliminate the “noise”.
The feedbacks are awesome and overwhelming from the Audio community in the planet and especially from DIYAUDIO community and Professional Audio reviewers.
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Can be fed with an external 5V Power Supply, like the Ifi iPower
- ESS 9023 is just an amazing DAC, with the highest performance\cost ratio ever… We love its detailed yet pleasant signature
- Carefully selected components, and yes they make a difference
- Only one 5volt AC DC external power supply needed for both, Mamboberry HiFi DAC+ and the Raspberry Pi,
- The best sound quality with the dedicated high-quality SABRE DAC (Sabre 9023 dac chip)
- Capable of Digital eXtreme Definition DXD 352.8Khz playback!(on boards that support 352.8Khz).
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- No soldering. Comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi A+/B+ and 2B/Zero/3B, conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi models A+/B+Pi2/Zero/Pi3!
- Dual Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- Available with output connectors: RCA
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 2 – M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
- Bidirectional powered! Back-powered ability via io-40pin port for the Raspberry Pi from linear power supply of DAC or the DAC powered from the Raspberry Pi !
- Use i2s sigal for pure digital audio transfer to improve the sound quality and reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions!
- Extra 40 pin connector on board.
- No need for an extra power supply. You can power it up through Raspberry Pi USB power supply(for ultimate sound quality prefer an ext. 5V Linear supply)
- Nichcon audio series main filter caps
- Tdk xr7 ceramic caps
- Xpreso Fox ultra-low jitter oscillator with separate ldo power supply
- Susumu low noise resistors
- Dual Texas instrument ultra-low
|OUT F.SCALE||2.0V RMS||POWER||5 volt dc|
|SNR||(DC to 20kHz) >112dB||ENVIR||Operating Temp 32-95 degrees F|
|THD N||(1kHz FS 96 kS/s) <0.002%||Relative Humidity 5%-95% Non Cond.|
|Sampling rates||44.1, 48, 88.2,96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz|
|OUTPUT||Stereo unbalanced; impedance||250 Ω.|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 6.8 x 1.8 cm|