ALLO – Katana DAC
From: 247.73 $
Units Sold: 4
The most anticipated High-end I2S DAC for Raspberry PI ever. This boutique-grade DAC features Ess9038q2m flagship DAC with super-duper clocking, power filtering and class A output stage.
The Katana is a complex DAC that offers multiple filtering and powering options. The pursuit of the best sound quality is what drives our design team and the reason behind our recent decision to halt manufacturing of the late KATANA.
A new version , the 1.2, is in the works and will only have a few components changed resulting in a subtle, yet necessary SQ improvement.
Please note the following:
No orders will be accepted for the next 14 days.
Already received your KATANA ? A new one will be sent to you once the K1.2 is released.
Already placed an order ? You will be soon contacted by Allo customer support team.
The Katana in simple words, is without doubt the BEST I2S DAC for Raspberry PI.
For 3 simple reasons:
– The DAC is without doubt one of Audiophile’s all time favourites, the Ess9038q2m.
And it’s in Master mode! This means that it’s immune to Raspberry PI’s jitter.
– It can be used in different power settings, so it can be fed with 3 different power supplies
for the best performance and Signal\Noise ratio.
– It has a class A output stage. Which is not only very chich, but also quite effective.
Why we like it:
– No compromise design. Here Allo just went for the best
– It has hardware Volume Control
– It can handle DoP
– It can be fed from 1 to 3 indepent power supplies
What can be improved:
– As all advanced piece of equipment, it’s not ideal for beginners, as you need to set jumpers and
use different power supplies to get the best out of it.
UPDATED 1.2 VERSION
This is the Katana 1.2 Version, the definitive Katana experience. After the initial sale, Allo listened to the community feedbacks and made some changes which resulted in:
– Improved THD+N
– Removal of listening fatigue (Allo’s words)
– Improvement in the dual rails feeding the opamps
- RPI B
- RPI B+
- Possibility to wire balanced XLR output
- Board mounted RCA output connectors
- ESS SABRE 9038Q2M DAC chip
- Can handle DoP
- Super Capacitors and Thin film IR in signal path
- Ultra low jitter clocks from NDK NZ2520SDA
- Lowest jitter ever (390fs)
- 6 class A opamps in output stage
- Each board is hand-trimmed for DC offset
- THD+N (1Khz, 0 dbfs, a weighted) at -112.75
Due to the fact that every Katana is custom programmed and fine-tuned by hand, production is slow. Please note that it can take up to a week to ship your unit.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS
Since we received some complaints for custom fees, Allo has decided to offer shipping from Europe as well. If you select “Shipping from Europe” all custom fees will be included in the order, and therefore prepaid by Allo. You can still order with “Shipping from India”, but VAT and custom fees may apply and been added when delivered.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS
This product is shipped from India. International customers are responsible for any VAT and/or customs fees. These are beyond our control and will be based on declared value which is the board cost plus any options.
|Dimensions||9 x 6 x 4 cm|