ALLO – DigiOne Signature
From: € 204.50
Units Sold: 2
The regular DigiOne from Allo has no equal. The Allo DigiOne Signature is even better! The ALLO DigiOne Signature is simply the most advanced digital (S/PDIF) transporter for Raspberry PI, with more board space, more power supply solutions and the latest clocks from NDK.
The Allo DigiOne is regarded as the best SPDIF digital transport shield for Raspberry PI, and this ladies and gentlemen is the even improved version of it.
What’s improved compared to DigiOne:
- Reduced jitter even further
- PCB Area increased for better power management
- Improved components
The ALLO DigiOne Signature is simply the most advanced digital (S/PDIF) transporter for Raspberry PI.
Quoting from Allo:
First, they decided to use more board space (they are using 2 boards), the PCB area increased 220%. First board is the “dirty side” and top board has the “clean side”. With the extra space, they used the best decoupling capacitors (film) on everything that’s important (clocks, buffers, flip flops). Also, with this extra space they added a supercap on the “clean side” so most of the electrons come from this onboard “buffer” (there is so much power onboard that DigiOne Sig can run a few seconds without any power attached to the clean side).
Allo Team also decided to use 2 power supplies. The “dirty power” needs 5V /2-3A (RPI power). The “clean side” needs about 60mA and accepts anything from 5V to 29V. You can use anything on it, linear power supply or pure batteries power.
Thirdly, they changed the clocks to the latest from NDK (ultralow jitter SDA) that have lower phase noise than the previous generation.
The Digione SignaturePlayer comes fully assembled and ready to use with the options you selected.
- It’s a “re-clocker”. The unit has its own clocks so it does not rely on the jittery RPI clocks
- It’s galvanically isolated. The clean board is isolated (ground and signals) from the dirty side
- It needs 2 PSUs, one for 5V/2A-3A (RPI) and a second power that can be almost anything.It’s recommended the cleanest power supply possible (batteries, linear but even a good SMPS will work)
- Old driver is compatible for both units (chose DigiOne on your favorite player)
- Measured jitter has decreased further, less than 400fs (tested at buffer)
- Output is coaxial/BNC and rise/fall time is 1ns and voltage level is exactly as per guidelines (550mV on coaxial) measured at end of transmitting cables
* Please note that all acrylic cases shipped, have a protective film (which looks like brown paper). You will need to peel this film off, in order to reveal the case. This is to prevent scratching and fingerprints during shipping.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS
Since we received some complaints for custom fees, Allo has decided to offer shipping from Europe as well. If you select “Shipping from Europe” all custom fees will be included in the order, and therefore prepaid by Allo. You can still order with “Shipping from India”, but VAT and custom fees may apply and been added when delivered.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS
This product is shipped from India. International customers are responsible for any VAT and/or customs fees. These are beyond our control and will be based on declared value which is the board cost plus any options.
Acrylic Black With Black Standoffs, Acrylic Clear With Silver Standoffs, None