The Allo DigiOne Player signature is the ultimate SPDIF Audio transport, based on the evolution of the widely acclaimed Allo Digione.
What’s improved compared to DigiOne:
- Reduced jitter even further
- PCB Area increased for better power management
- Improved components
The ALLO DigiOne Signature Player is simply the most advanced digital (S/PDIF) Volumio transporter.
First, they decided to use more board space (we are using 2 boards), the PCB area increased 220%. First board is the “dirty side” and top board has the “clean side”. With the extra space, they used the best decoupling capacitors (film) on everything that’s important (clocks, buffers, flip flops). Also, with this extra space they added a supercap on the “clean side” so most of the electrons come from this onboard “buffer” (there is so much power onboard that DigiOne Sig can run a few seconds without any power attached to the clean side).
Allo Team also decided to use 2 power supplies. The “dirty power” needs 5V /2-3A (RPI power). The “clean side” needs about 60mA and accepts anything from 5V to 29V. You can use anything on it, linear power supply or pure batteries power.
Thirdly, they changed the clocks to the latest from NDK (ultralow jitter SDA) that have lower phase noise than the previous generation.
The Digione Signature Player comes fully assembled and ready to use with the options you selected.
Features of the Board
- It’s a “re-clocker”. The unit has its own clocks so it does not rely on the jittery RPI clocks
- It’s galvanically isolated. The clean board is isolated (ground and signals) from the dirty side
- It needs 2 PSUs, one for 5V/2A-3A (RPI) and a second power that can be almost anything. We do recommend the cleanest power supply possible (batteries, linear but even a good SMPS will work)
- Old driver is compatible for both units (chose DigiOne on your favorite player)
- Measured jitter has decreased further, less than 400fs (tested at buffer)
- Output is coaxial/BNC and rise/fall time is 1ns and voltage level is exactly as per guidelines (550mV on coaxial) measured at end of transmitting cables
Features of the Player
- Player includes: RPIB/B+, DigiOne Signature, Acrylic Case, 8GD microSD card or eMMC and 5V power supply
- Case Dimensions: 12.5cm x 9.5cm x 5cm
* Please note that all acrylic cases we ship, have a protective film (which looks like brown paper). You will need to peel this film off, in order to reveal the case. This is to prevent scratching and fingerprints during shipping.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS
Since we received some complaints for custom fees, Allo has decided to offer shipping from Europe as well. If you select “Shipping from Europe” all custom fees will be included in the order, and therefore prepaid by Allo. You can still order with “Shipping from India”, but VAT and custom fees may apply and been added when delivered.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS
This product is shipped from India. International customers are responsible for any VAT and/or customs fees. These are beyond our control and will be based on declared value which is the board cost plus any options.
eMMC 16GB, SD Card 8GB