pi zero wh ?

i would like to get insights about using volumio with the pi zero wh … today i am using volumio with pi2 on my HT but looking for another device for bedside / work usage and the pi zero is smaller, which means more portable.

how volumio perform on the pi zero wh ?

thanks

I think it depends on your expectations. It certainly works, but it is a rougher experience than on devices with more power & memory. However, the form factor is absolutely brilliant for a portable device.

I’m actually trying on zero w
It’s quite (very) slow
Probably im asking too much considering I charge my full archive (12.000 tracks)
maybe deactivating some functions (if its possible) like the show of the covers etc…

I have been using a pi0 as my main volumio system and was quite happy. Recently played around with an OpiLite (Allwinner H3) and wow. The difference is quite apparent. Especially in simple tasks like loading a playlist/rendering UI etc.

Bottom line? It works - but there are much more powerful options today :slight_smile:
Check out the NanoPi range for example, that has been recently added to Volumio’s supported boards!

for sure is a very limited platform the zero
but reading your post it seems that you have been able to use it
at the moment mine is not usable, it freezes and rebooting
probably i found the problem
in the library I have an mpeg video that make it some problem

It’s fine as long as you don’t try to use the touch display plug-in … it doesn’t have enough power to run Xwindows and a display … I did have a 2.8" display running, but it was painful

Do we have some news about the usability on the Zero?
As long as I remove the videos and other stuffs, it continues to freeze and reboot
In fact I stopped trying to use it, but I 'd really like to give to the zero another chance
Any feedback on it?

I have a Zero as my secondary device - it works, quite faithfully as a Volumio + Spotify Connenct endpoint. I don’t try and do anything fancy with it however, as I have since moved on to the Pi allwinner H3|H5 based boards as my primary boards.