Why do some albums show up as individual tracks?

I don’t know if this is a problem with browser or the tag data.

I have several albums that are collections of song, Best of Jazz, Favorite Classical, etc.
In the browser, I don’t see one album for these…what I see are individual tracks. The album art is correct, but in the list view, when I see an album, there is only one track associated with it.
Quite a bummer when I want to listen to the Best of Jazz and I have to keep manually selecting each track on the list and not just click on the album.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I’ve looked at the tag data in a tag editor and can’t see any tag settings that would associate the tracks with an album.

Thanks

More specifically, when in the browser on my pc and I go Browse-> Albums, and for example, I’ll see 9 lines for Best of Jazz, and if I click on the first item, the windows changes and I see the Best of Jazz on the top line, and one track on the next line.
Go back up one level and click on another Best of Jazz ‘album’…the window changes and now I see Best of Jazz on the top line, and below it, 3 tracks.

Go back up one level and click on another Best Of Jazz "album’ and the window changes and now I see Best of Jazz on the top line, and below it, 1 track.
All the tracks are unique but the point is they should all be under one album.

I’ve rescanned my server a number of times and that does not fix anything.
Thanks

Just add a meta tag AlbumArtist for every track with content: Various