Web Radios crash my Volumio.

While listening to web radios, after I switch between a few radio stations, it stops playing web radios. Rebooting fixes it. I have also found that when the web radios stop playing, Volumio loses contact with my NAS. Reboot fixes that as well. It does not need to rescan after a reboot. I don’t listen to a lot of webradio, so it’s not a huge problem for me, but annoying when I stumble across.

I have not found a correlation between which stations cause the problem, but if it might matter, I’m listening to the Linn stations, King opera, and King Christmas, BBC, and Radio Swiss Jazz, and Mana’o.

Log submitted. Thanks for any suggestions.

MIke

Which version are you on? Please attach the link to your log file

v. 2.323. Pi3, Kali/Piano, LAN. Had some trouble with it yesterday while changing file names on the NAS, rescanning and the power failed. Did a factory reset. Everything seems to be working now, except this issue with radio.

Didn’t know there was a link for submitted log files. Just forced another failure and here is the link.

logs.volumio.org/volumio/U7mBbvt.html

Also noticed that after it stops playing, it continues to add radio stations to the list on the xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/dev page.

A couple more things. The first time I try to play a webradio and it does not work, the little pop up window in the top left corner (computer chrome browser) that tells me something like “Now playing BBC1…” does not appear. Also, the play button at the top of the screen never turns to the pause button.

MIke

It’s the same problem that I describe here: I stop seeing Library stop-seeing-library-t8178.html

As far as I know, I do not have a problem when listening to music from my NAS. Only web radio. And it seems to be related to switching stations. If I leave it on one station and walk away, I can come back hours later and everything is still working. If I switch stations several times, I can crash it in less than a minute – 3-10 changes I’m guessing.

Mike

Hi Mike, when you can not play web radios, do you see your NAS Library? In my case when I can not play the radios, I do not see the Library either.
Another fact, when I use Volspotconnect and go back to the Volumio player, web radios almost never work and I do not see the NAS Library.
I installed the latest beta version of Volumio and it has the same problem.
I see burning a new SD with an older version of Volumio, it’s a new problem for me.

Regards

Daniel

I can see my NAS when playing webradio. After I have crashed it, when I click on Browse, I see no choices, just the home button and the back arrow. When I go to my music under settings, I believe that there are no numbers listed any of the headings, the NAS drive shows up, but rescanning does nothing.

Note - when I say “NAS,” I really mean a USB drive plugged into my router.

I do not use Spotify, but I do have the youtube plugin installed. I will remove it and try again.

I have not been listening to webradio for a few versions, so I cannot say if it’s new. I think I’ve got some old images sitting somewhere I can try, but won’t have time for a couple of days.

With Version 2.246 of Volumio, everything works fine.
Regards

Daniel

Not for me. I loaded an old image (2.246). Set it up. Tried the radios. Could not get them to crash in 5 minutes or less of trying. Rescanned my library. Continued to mess with radios. Found the address I had for one station (Linn Radio) was not working (red window warning). Found a new url. It seemed to work. Switched back and forth a bit more. While also updating the other Linn stations although the old ones were working for Jazz and classical. Then is stopped working again and I lost my library.

The popup to the top right says
“Play
Started playback of…”

But the play button doesn’t change and the pop up in the top left never shows up.

Reboot fixed it, but only for a few minutes. A few more radio changes and it’s dead in the water again.

logs.volumio.org/volumio/ixt0Ukd.html

Mike

Same problem here, latest version is installed.
Any workaround available? Because I do not want to reboot the Pi several times a day.

BR
AFO

Mine hasn’t crashed in some time. No idea why. My dad has never had his crash.

I just thought of something. There has been a second Volumio Pi set up on my network for a long time. The last few weeks, it’s been lent to a friend. (He’s buying a Boss kit soon) But, is there any way that could be a difference that was causing the radio problem? I’ll try and force it to crash tomorrow.

Same problem with version 2.362.

BR
AFO

It’s difficult to guess what goes wrong.
In order to help us identify the issue, please send us a log just after the system crashes:

volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

And paste the link here

Thanks for taking care of this problem.
logs.volumio.org/volumio/4sEUo9J.html

I did some tests and found out, that it works if I restart the MPD service with this command “sudo /etc/init.d/mpd restart”. It takes a little while until the console is back, but then it works.

Edit:
The problem happens only, if one radio stream runs for ca. > 10 minutes; I am going to measure the exact time later on.

BR
AFO

Thanks,
I found where the problem is:
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: ---------------------------- MPD announces system playlist update
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: Ignoring MPD Status Update
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: parsing response…
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: parsing response…
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: ControllerMpd::sendMpdCommand load “http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.m3u?id=1751871
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: ControllerMpd::parseTrackInfo
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: sending command…
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: ControllerMpd::pushError
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: at Promise._successFn (/volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/index.js:291:53)
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: at nextTickCallback (/volumio/node_modules/kew/kew.js:47:28)
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)
Feb 16 19:18:47 volumio volumio[937]: info: ------------------------------ 17ms

Going to fix it

@michelangelo:
Is this planned to be fixed soon? I have the same problem.

kind regards,

.Nico

I am not quite sure if the last version should fix the problem?

2.389 (26-03-2018)
FIXES
Reduce usage of sudo -S
More reliable wireless indicator
fix crash in playlist creation
Fix remove from queue if title is not defined
Fix long time when starting up with no hotspot

I am sorry, but the problem still exists.

BR
AFO

Can you send logs after the crash please?

Done

logs.volumio.org/volumio/H6CV9qf.html

BR
Frank