Waveshare 7 inch HDMI LCD (B) or (C)

Hello,

I red the Michelangelo’s blog about this display but before to buy I want to be sure it will work:

Waveshare 7 inch HDMI LCD (B) 800x480 waveshare.com/7inch-hdmi-lcd-b.htm
and/or Waveshare 7 inch HDMI LCD ©, 1024×600 waveshare.com/product/7inch-hdmi-lcd-c.htm
are there supported on RPI3,Volumio 2.119 and touch display plugin.
What are setups to do in /boot/config.txt?

Thanks

I have the C version and it worked out of the box. I didn’t have to change anything in config.txt.

Hello,
I use an RPI3+Iqaudio dac with the last volumio release (2.129)

Today, I received a waveshare 7inch HDMI LCD © [1024x600] and it work’s fine :slight_smile:
To setup you have to:
-Use a ssh connection (putty) :Hostname=volumio login=volumio pwd=volumio
-Edit root\config.txt ( sudo nano /boot/config.txt )
-Add these lines to root\config.txt: see: http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7inch_HDMI_LCD_©

max_usb_current=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1

-save file

-Shutdown RPI
-Turn on the “backlight” switch (rear of le screen) then connect the LCD to your RPI (HDMI and USB for power supply)
-Start RPI: You won’t see web UI on the LCD but a system txt screen.

-Connect to Volumio’s WebUi as you would usually do, and navigate to the Plugins page from the settings menu. In Miscellanea category, you’ll find the Touchscreen plugin. Just click install, nothing more.
The installation will last about 7 minutes, so wait patiently until you see “Installation Complete”. Now you can enable or disable the Display output to your likings.
see: Step 3 “Install Volumio’s Touchscreen plugin” https://volumio.org/raspberry-pi-display-and-volumio-touchscreen-music-player

-Restart RPI and … the Volumio webUI will display on the HDMI LCD and touch screen seems works fine.

There is also a savescreen timeout include in last Volumio release (the screen should turn off after a few minutes and turn back on on fingertip)
see https://volumio.org/forum/screentimeout-rpi-touchscreen-t5059.html#p23854

I’m happy :smiley:

Now I have to build a nice home made box to include LCD, RPI …

Regards

Well, I got the Waveshare 7’-Display and it works after I did the changes in the config.txt, installed the plug in and rebooted.

My problem: How can I turn off the Display-Sreen-Saver? I would like to the the volumio surface and I can’t find a setting in the UI to turn off the screen saver.

I took your link and putty and did a little bit of “trial and error”. (It is not simple to me. I came from MS DOS (what helps a little) and went to windows. No Linux knowledge…)
At last I changed the data in volumiokiosk.sh back to what forum member “faity” marked as “originally”. By now the screen seems to remain in action.

I hope it will survive the next update. :wink:

Hi, I have installed the latest version of Volumio the 2.323 on Raspberry zero w (new installation) with Waveshare 7’ LCD HDMI(rev 2.1), but I can not visualize the display, I followed what you said in previous posts:

Use a ssh connection (putty) :Hostname=volumio login=volumio pwd=volumio
Edit root\config.txt ( sudo nano /boot/config.txt )
Shutdown RPI
Turn on the “backlight” switch (rear of le screen) then connect the LCD to your RPI (HDMI and USB for power supply)
Start RPI: You won’t see web UI on the LCD but a system txt screen.
Install Touchscreen plugin
Restart RPI

but nothing :frowning: can someone help me?
tnx
e.

Waveshare 7’ LCD HDMI(rev 2.1) works for me too after configuring the screen resolution in config.txt. To get the screen to display Volumio GUI you need to install the plug-in. If the screen is on but the touch function is not. It is probably because the cable you used to power the PI can’t get enough current through. In that case, try a different cable to the PI.

Has anyone come up with a simple way of switching the backlight off, other than the manual toggle switch?

Edit: any electronics whizz like to comment on using the gpio to control a relay to “flick” the switch? It seems reasonable to me, but I’m a little concerned about physically attaching electronics to the gpio, about which I have no expertise :wink:

Simple modification detailed here capnbry.net/blog/?p=210

I haven’t tried it yet :wink:

I recently got the Waveshare (B) V1.1

Did anyone get the touch functionality up and running?

HDMI works fine but the volumio touch plugin didn´t bring up the touch function to life.

I also tried to install the manufacturers driver but then the system shuts down and never comes back.

Thanks!

Hello – first time responder, so please excuse if this is in the wrong place for my query.

I setup a RPi 3B with a HifiBerry DAC PLUS as a music server and used a USB Flash Drive for the Music Library.
Music (MP3 files) plays real well when plugged into a stereo receiver with speakers.

I used a Nexus Tablet to set up Volumio and my PROBLEM is with the Plugins Setting Page from the Volumio Menu.

Currently using 2.389 but have used other version 2 releases (2.185 and 2.344, and a few others) with the same results. I was going to use a Waveshare 7 inch LCD, but ran into problems regarding the plugins for the LCD and Touch Screen.

When I select the Plugins Item from the menu, my screen shows ONLY the following 5 items:

Volumio
Plugins
Plugins Management
Search Plugins Installed Plugins

NOTHING ELSE IS ON THE SCREEN??? THE SEARCH AND THE INSTALLED ITEMS ARE BACKLITEABLE BUT DON’T
DO ANYTHING EVEN AFTER 15-20MINUTES AND RPI’S GREEN LED IS ALWAYS OFF.

ON PICTURES OF THE PLUGINS SCREEN THAT I HAVE SEEN ON THE WEB, THERE ARE OTHER FIELDS SUPPOSEDLY ON THE SCREEN BUT THEY ARE MISSING FROM MY SCREENS … NO “UPLOAD PLUGIN” OR “ACTIVITY LITE” OR ??ETC???".

I have tried an IPAD and an HP Touchpad and always see the 5 items identified above.

I came across a few Volumio Posts that identified problems with Plugins not being updateable since about version 2 something. The response to them was to go to the GT/HUB Page and download the PLUGINs for the LCD Screen and Touch Screen, but without anyway to “UPLOAD” the plugins???

Help!!! Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I also got a Waveshare 7inch HDMI LCD © rev 2.2. I followed your instructions editing the config.txt file and installing the touch plugin.
The image is displayed perfectly at the correct resolution.
However, the touch feature is not working well. It is like it is not detecting my finger at the right spot, or like if there is another spot pressed at the same time, and as a result it zooms.
I first thought the screen was faulty but I tested it on Windows and it works perfectly. I even asked for a replacement at the support. The new one is exactly the same and has the same issue.

I think it may need a specific touch module to be loaded in raspbian or a touch calibration. Any idea? I saw it worked flawlessly on previous volumio releases. It is still working for you guys?

Mine is running on a Raspberry Pi 2 B with Volumio 2.502, and an Hifiberry AMP2 card.

Thanks a lot for your help. It’s been months I’m struggling with that !