Volumio2 - install from scratch on jessie on RPi3

I really liked Volumio2 after testing the SD Image based installation so I decided to try to install it on a “Jessie Lite” raspberry 3 image.

I think I managed to solve “most” issues of the installation from scratch, I spent a few days scratching my head to understand what is needed or not from the “build.sh” script and the following script.

Now I can start the daemon volumio2 and get the begin of a webpage…

But I don’t have any knowledge on Node JS and I get a page with the background of volumio2 but it is stuck as if node was not working.

I have nothing in the logs (I can publish them).

Anyone could led me in the right directory to how complete my installation or what can go wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
JC
PS: I can post the webpage image too…

Probably you miss the NAT to 3000 to 80 .
One question: why are you doing that? What is the reason?

Why I am doing this ?

I have tried to install other packages (softwares) on top of volumio Image but I found it difficult so I wanted to do it the other way, install volumio (and understand how it is installed) then install other softwares (openhab, python scripts, etc…)

I’ll try tonite the NAT the other way around, so I need :
a NAT from 80 -> 3000
a NAT from 3000 -> 80 ?

But I didn’t see it in the iptables rules.

Thanks for the quick answer.

See here, this might help you

github.com/volumio/Build/blob/4 … bles.rules

This is what I did, before re-routing port 80 -> 3000, I had no answer at all.

Now I can see the “volumio” background page, if it is like “node JS” and something else was not responding :frowning:

I have a screen with the background and a “loop” waiting for an answer…

Volumio backup receive the update from the MPD daemon as when controlled from “MP Droid” I can see the updates in the log. This is just the UI which seems to be blocked :frowning:

This is what I get with debugging in Chrome, it seems it is related to “socket-io” module. It does not seem to find a proper address.

volumio-debug.png

Don’t know if this is helpful.

Place a file named

/volumio/http/www/src/app/local-config.json

it should be

{
“localhost”: “http://192.168.31.234
}

where instead of 192.168.31.234 you put your IP. Let me know if that works out for you

Thanks for the help but it did not work, spent almost all night to try to understand.

I am sure it is something “simple” but can’t figure what it is.

Thanks michelangelo for your prompt answer, I will give up as I can’t figure out what is missing.

Lookup for an alternative solution => docker. Will post a question on this subject.