[SOLVED] Volumio2 Beta 1: Indexing Music Library Fail

Earlier i mentioned this issue in the alpha versions.
When i add my library from my NAS, the scanning stops at a certain point and it crashes completely, ending in an empty library.
I suspect it has something to do with the character encoding, but i can’t figure it out.
In volumio 1.55 i scan the same music library and it is no issue at all: it scans the library flawless.

Just tried the RC1 and the problem still occurs.
After starting to scan the library i can play the songs already scanned flawless.
But at some point the scanning stops, resulting in a complete empty library and the playing of the earlier started songs stops as well.

I have the same issue.

If somebody can tell me where to look into the logs i can put the output of the logs here, so that we can find a solution.
Or be able to come nearer a solution.
For this is annoying, especially since Volumio 2 seems to be a great update, the software looks very good and the sound quality seems a little better than 1.55!

hi,
If you connect via ssh to your device, could have a look at /var/log/volumio.log and see if some message may help.
Or go to /volumio and

killall node && node index.js

From this terminal you’ll see each action done by volumio
:wink:

OK, Thanks Balbuze.
I did just this and i at the point of the error i got this output:

info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Missing error handler on `socket`. AssertionError: false == true at MpdClient.sendCommand (/volumio/node_modules/mpd/index.js:86:10) at ControllerMpd.getMyCollectionStats (/volumio/app/plugins/music_services/mpd/index.js:1231:17) at CoreCommandRouter.executeOnPlugin (/volumio/app/index.js:381:29) at Socket.<anonymous> (/volumio/app/plugins/user_interfaces/websocket/index.js:981:43) at emitTwo (events.js:100:13) at Socket.emit (events.js:185:7) at Socket.onevent (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:335:8) at Socket.onpacket (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:295:12) at Client.ondecoded (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/client.js:193:14) at Decoder.Emitter.emit (/volumio/node_modules/component-emitter/index.js:134:20) info:

Pretty much the same on my box.

info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Missing error handler on `socket`. AssertionError: false == true at MpdClient.sendCommand (/volumio/node_modules/mpd/index.js:86:10) at ControllerMpd.getMyCollectionStats (/volumio/app/plugins/music_services/m pd/index.js:1231:17) at CoreCommandRouter.executeOnPlugin (/volumio/app/index.js:381:29) at Socket.<anonymous> (/volumio/app/plugins/user_interfaces/websocket/index. js:981:43) at emitTwo (events.js:100:13) at Socket.emit (events.js:185:7) at Socket.onevent (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:335:8) at Socket.onpacket (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/socket.js:295:12) at Client.ondecoded (/volumio/node_modules/socket.io/lib/client.js:193:14) at Decoder.Emitter.emit (/volumio/node_modules/component-emitter/index.js:13 4:20)

OK, found the problem.

After looking in the log

sudo journalctl -f

i found the album that did the library crash.
The album has embedded artwork in it.
I replaced the artwork from the specific album with another image and did a scan again.
Now it scans the library flawless!