Volumio on Tinkerboard

Just tried Volumio on Tinkerboard with HiFiberry Amp.
It boots just fine with a USB power supply, but of course there isn’t the juice to drive the Hifiberry Amp.
When I power it with 19.5V through the amp (as I normally do when using a Pi) it partly boots then shuts down after a “unbalanced pm_runtime_enable” message.
If I boot it with both USB and amp power supplies simultaneously it’s ok - but this isn’t very convenient.
I’m not sure if this is a Tinkerboard issue, a Hifiberry issue, or a Volumio issue. Anyone got any suggestions?

I really do want to exploit the extra processing power and network bandwidth of the Tinkerboard if I can.

thanks.
p.

update:
curiouser and curiouser.
Tried the tinkerboard wtih the Hifiberry DAC instead. Hit the same issue - although this time of course there is only the USB power supply.
Doesn’t always crash after the “unbalanced pm_runtime_enable!” message - sometimes it carries on and displays a few more lines of the startup sequence before hanging.

The problem is very curious. The system will boot successfully more often than not if I use one particular USB cable to power it up, but not with others. So now I’m wondering if this is a marginal voltage issue. I’ve tried a couple of power supplies to be sure, and there is only one supply and cable that works reliably.

So - has anyone managed to get the hifiberry AMP or DAC working with the Tinkerboard/Volumio combo? If so, are you on a more recent version of the hifiberry HATS? mine are a couple of years old.
And if you’re using the AMP, are you able to power it solely via the AMP connector or are you also supplying USB power to the tinkerboard?

The tinkerboard needs quite lot of power to boot, maybe current is not enough when getting power from the amp?

On the latest software 2.411 spdif out dont work.
I try 3 diferent board and diferent power suply.

update.
the issue is at least in part power supply related. It does seem that the tinkerboard takes far more juice to boot and psu’s that can boot a Pi won’t get a Tinkerboard up and running.

but I still have an issue with the Hifiberry Digi. The phono digital output doesn’t seem to work,whereas the TOS does. same board with a Pi works fine with the phono output. Still investigating. Problem is that I want to use it with a Sprout amp, and it only has digital over phono - no TOS.

Tinkerboard require min of 2.1A to power up. Is best to have 2.4A power supply.