Volumio running on vmware and playing over mobile to avr

Hello, can I install volumio as a core server on a vmware, so then later I could use my android phone to browse and play music over network directly from vmware instance to my avr?

Does it work that way?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yes you can definitely do that assuming the PC running VMWare has the speaker output connected to the input of your AVR. I’m not 100% sure how to configure it since I did the same thing in Virtualbox but a quick search tells me that it’s likely the same.

When you set up your virtual machine just make sure you set the network adapter as Bridged so that the volumio web interface is visible to your phone and other devices on your wifi network, and obviously have the audio enabled from the VM.

Good luck and let us know how that works out for you.

Thank you for your reply.
There is no way I’ll plug I. Audio from that vm, as the box is in separate room. I was hoping I can use volumio in similar way, headless, as roon. To stream from the volumio, over network. And use it only as a catalogue and “man in the middle”. Also my network is fine. Just its like apache or whatever serves volumio page is not running.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

You can do what you want by simply getting a raspberry pi, flash volumio on it, connect to your wifi and plug your AVR to this pi.

This is immensely simpler than what you want to achieve with VMWARE

Thank you for your reply. Ill goo raspberry way.

I just need to find good Raspberry 3 B+ Bundle for reasonable price.

What bundle maker would you guys recommand?

I dont need DAC, i want to plug it to my AVR over HDMI.

Thanks.