Volumio RPi 2.41 - hardware mixer disappears

This is an oddity; I experimented with the Playback Options/Volume Options/Mixer type. I have a HFB DAC + Pro, and so I tried turning off the hardware mixer by selecting the software mixer. That produced no sound at all, so I tried to put back the hardware mixer, only to find that the choice had disappeared completely. Restarted, still not there. ‘Factory reset’ did nothing but hang, so I had to rewrite the SD card anew. This probably isn’t what is wanted but I don’t know what the innards of Volumio are doing during this…

Chris M

Hi,

I had very similar problems and also ended up in rewriting the SD card.

About the factory reset I have an assumption. The first boot of a volumio2 system is critical in the way that it must not be interrupted and lasts a relatively long time. The factory reset is, in some way, an interrupted first boot and so ends up nowhere. Maybe things run better if you hit the button and wait an hour ??? I think I did not.

So you have done what needed to be done and it the safest approach anyway…

This just happened again with a new write of RPi2.114; the new playlist was playing dreadfully softly, the amp being untouched, so I tried to disable the Hardware Mixer. That proved successful, too successful, as it removed all sound. The tried to get back to Hardware Mixer, only to find that Software Mixer or None were the only choices, and still no music.

Am rewriting with 2.041, as it’s Friday night and I’d like some music…