My Volumio music box

Hi all.

At last, I have finished my Volumio Music player.
I was looking for a way to build a player which would hold my complete digitized music collection and simply send it out of the other end directly to a pair of speakers, with of course some means of seeing what is going on and a method of controlling it.
I had never even looked at anything to do with Raspberry Pi before and so Googled to find something that would suit my needs.
I soon ended up with a plan to use a Pi and IQAudio Digi-amp+ with Volumio as the operating system.
I built my box after obtaining all of the hardware which had to go in it and working out some dimensions

Main components -
Pi (latest)
IQAudio Digi-Amp+
500gb Usb hdd with 12 volt power supply
19volt power supply for Pi and Digi-Amp
An Android phone

The front panel is fitted with an illuminated push button for soft shutdown/restart.
On the back panel is the power cord, a lan cable. a 240volt rocker switch for complete shutdown., an sd card socket, speaker terminals, and a usb plug/socket to allow me to get access to the hard drive for adding to or modifying my music collection.

BLUE PETER STYLE MODEL
1.jpg

BOX WITH HARD DRIVE AND POWER SUPPLIES
2.jpg

THE BARE WOOD BOX
3.JPG

TO BE CONTINUED

SOME MORE OF MY PROJECT

THE BOX BLACK LAQUERED
6.JPG

VIEW OF BACK PANEL
7.JPG

THE INSIDE COMPLETE
8.JPG

I used the following GPIO pins for wake up, send to sleep, and the led.
Wake up - GPIO 3 & GROUND
Sleep - GPIO 26 & 3V3
Status LED - GPIO14 (TXD) & GROUND

Wake up worked as it was
Sleep uses the buttons plugin in Volumio with shutdown set to 26
To get things to work correctly I had to add the following -
enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

At this stage I had already fitted a single pole push button with led into my front panel and glued it in place. To get both wake and sleep to work with this button I wired in a couple of 12 voltmicro-relay modules and slaved the 12 volts from my hard drive power supply. It all works perfectly.
I messed around with resistor values for the led so that minimal current was drawn without making the led too dim.
I must say at this point, that without the help from many of you on this forum I would have been lost on several aspects of the project.

TO BE CONTINUED

I installed Volumio 2 without any problems and it worked straight away.
I am using hotspot only and my android device finds it every time that I run the program.
I have managed to take a Oneplus A3003 phone out of service and it has now got no sim card in it. I removed as many other apps as possible and shut down most other installed services. As a result the phone is now just a remote access to my player.

VOLUMIO APP. ON THE ANDROID PHONE
9.JPG

VOLUMIO ON MY PC
10.JPG

I would once again like to thank everyone who has helped me via the forum to get this project up and running.

JUKEBOX BUILDER

Hi all.

No comments on this build?