Volumio SD Image on rPI3

Ciao,

Installed the SDImage for Volumio 2 on a PI3… but even if the setup is not so difficult I have a strange and wired behaivour on the PI:

The Linux image looks quite poor… no raspi-config available and for those (me included) that are not so familiar with linux command, it is quite difficult to setup timezone, expand filesystem, setup the hostname…

Updating the system is a critical issue and I have problems in using apt-get update and upgrade that (both?!) result in an error

Plugins installation from UI also generates error (simply ends in error with no other explaination)

based on all this… my question is:
is PI3 fully compatible with Volumio2? would’t ne better to install jesse and install Volumio sources and recompile? (I’ve done this also but without a guide I got a non-working-and-pretty-unstable version :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )

ciao
M

Hi M, expanding the filesystem should happen automatically. You can edit the hostname in settings>system, not sure about date/time; must say I haven’t had much use for it. But you can edit that over SSH I think?

Hi Emme

Let the “Unix God’s” decide when to upgrade or update the OS , it’s nothing for us deadly! :wink:

Follow the guide below

https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/Quick_Start_Guide.html

well… it looks like Volumio is more automated than I was thinking :smiley: :smiley:

I still in doubt for the plugins that cannot be installed, but I’ll try to reinstall the image and see what’s happend

Just to be extremely sure… Raspberry PI3 is FULLY supported by Volumio SD Image, right?
ciao
M

Aye, I’m running all my tests on the Pi3 (because it’s faster than my B+ and 2B) :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

You’re welcome, that’s what the community is for :slight_smile: Enjoy and don’t hesitate to ask questions. :wink: