[Closed] Volumio 2 for Udoo Quad/ Dual preview

Hi,

for early testers who won’t be disappointed when something is not working (yet):
this is a link to a preview udoo-qdl version, valid for approx. a week (and then replaced)
Look for the Udoo zip file.
Expect problems, no intensive testing has been done yet.
WiFi (hotspot and managed) and eth0 should be OK.
Headphone-out works, you can set the mixer to speakers which will give it more volume.
USB Audio DAC has also been tested succesfully.

Feedback is very welcome.

Please use this thread for Udoo-QDL preview feedback only!
In case you wanted to ask: Udoo Neo is still work in progress but getting close (only eth0 at the moment, no wifi)
When ready I’ll announce it.
– Gé –

Hi,
That’s a good news! I think udoo quad is the best for who is searching for high quality system without the use of a nas or internet access because it has serial ata and now hot spot!

Anyway, for now, I haven’t a modem, so i’m trying to use it in hot spot mode, with edimax dongle (I removed the udoo wifi board) but I can’t find the hot spot.

What can I do?

Thansk!

Daniele

eth/ hotspot/ wireless

• eth0 works without issues
  • internal wifi module works without issues
  • Edimax, TP Link WN725N and TP Link WN821N support AP mode (hotspot), but the Udoo kernel drivers obviously do not.

The above dongles work fine connected to an AP, but you can only configure them using eth0 for the time being.

eth/ hotspot/ wireless

• eth0 works without issues
  • internal wifi module works without issues
  • Edimax, TP Link WN725N and TP Link WN821N support AP mode (hotspot), but the Udoo kernel drivers obviously do not.

The above dongles work fine connected to an AP, but you can only configure them using eth0 for the time being.

Hi,

have tried to download the image at link provided above, but cannot find any Udoo zip file…it seems only files for odroid in there?

Can anybody fix the link? I have an udoo quad and would be happy to test Volumio 2 with my gears.

Thanks
Stefano

@stefano74, then please read my post, it says “valid for one week”.
The image has been removed meanwhile.
In case of interest and under the condition that we have a valid build this weekend, I can upload a current one.
– Gé –

@gkkpch: Thanks for your reply

Sorry, have been waiting for an Udoo version so long, but recently checked the website only monthly…and missed the opportunity.

Anyhow, I will now sneak in here more frequently, and will be happy to test

Stefano

@stefano and others…
There is a new dev image on http://oph.mdrjr.net/gkkpch/
Look for “Volumio-dev2.114-2017-03-03-udooqdl.img.zip”, valid for about a week.
It will be replaced as soon as a volumio server version becomes available.

– Gé –

Hi,

have downloaded the new image and did a quick test.

Udoo boots up, and gets an IP address from my DHCP.

However I can’t access volumio from a browser, neither I can connect to ssh (I get message connection refused)

I have tried to connect to serial console and I can see the boot log; however I can’t enter any commands.

I’m a bit stuck here…anybody available to help?

Thanks
Stefano

Hi again,

just read around the issue might be related to the broken build of release 2.114.

Is there a plan for a new package deploy on a later (or earlier) one?

Thanks
Stefano

Yes, building a new version while writing this. I will upload it to the same place, takes approx. 30 minutes.
There might be an official Udoo release later this week.

For now I have not a router and I can not try on volumio udoo quad!

I hope this weekend I will able to try it!

Hi, installed latest image 2.118 and now Volumio 2 is up and running on my Udooquad.

I have an issue with getting all files added from my NAS; I mounted it successfully, and then update starts, the counter under “My music” stops very early in the process at 146 Albums, while I have around 1500 on my NAS. Update keeps in progress forever .

After a restart all my 146 scanned albums are gone, and have to start again, but still not all files are added.

Any clue on what’s the problem?

Additionally, I tried to connect my Hiface2 pen (XMOS) to the additional USB port (the one derived with an adapter cable from internal pin header on the board), and it’s not visible; is it enabled at boot? All works ok on the 2 main USB plugs instead. That’s a pity cause sound quality was a bit better through this extra USB port.

Library indexing is a general issue, not udoo related.
As for the usb problem, I will try to find out why that port is not enabled. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks.
Is there a section in the forum where I can see common issues and their progress?

Hi,

I have solved my issue with MPD update.

I have disabled ffmpeg plugin in mpd.conf and updated completed successfully

I remember I had to do the same on volumio 1.5 as well…

I verified tonight on version 2.118 and attached an external hdd, which works fine.

As the first version has been released I’m locking this thread.
Should issues arise, please open a thread in the Help section.