Volumio 2.118 for Cubietruck image download

Hi,

I’ve build an image from the scripts found on https://github.com/volumio/Build
It’s is successfully build with: ./build.sh -b arm -d armbian_cubietruck_vanilla -v 2.118 .
VERSION: 2.118
RELEASE DATE: 07-03-2017
IMAGE MD5: baa3f62ea90cb51dce59290ac47c668e

The image can be downloaded from Mega:
https://mega.nz/#!PddVgTQa!VhKUR1nESdprhx9HmZxvIp8VehrHpbdYxQ5QM3DSyas

or from Google Drive:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1SCu2YNaQsHSFVVZllmV0xid28&export=download

Be patient when the Cubietruck boots for the first time. It takes a few minutes to prepare Volumio.
Enjoy.

@Michelangelo:
The build looks stable enough to release it.

1 Like

At first, thank you very much for your effort!

There is a problem at first boot that I am not able to solve.

My Cubietruck connected to Ethernet, HDMI, image has been written using Win32DiskImager to my Sandisk Extreme PRO 32GB micro SD.

I have tried this several times but no success. Sometimes it hangs at “Starting kernel” sometimes it stops at “Creating factory image …” cp /mnt/…

Internal Error OOPS 800000d [#1] SMP THUMB2

After a reset the system boots (sometimes) up to login but the file system is corrupt (dmesg).

JPG of first startup screen attached.
Volumio2_2.118_Cubietruck_FirstBoot_1600.jpg

At first, thank you very much for your effort!

There is a problem at first boot that I am not able to solve.

My Cubietruck connected to Ethernet, HDMI, image has been written using Win32DiskImager to my Sandisk Extreme PRO 32GB micro SD.

I have tried this several times but no success. Sometimes it hangs at “Starting kernel” sometimes it stops at “Creating factory image …” cp /mnt/…

Internal Error OOPS 800000d [#1] SMP THUMB2

After a reset the system boots (sometimes) up to login but the file system is corrupt (dmesg).

JPG of first startup screen attached.

Do I need to update something (UBOOT etc.)?
Volumio2_2.118_Cubietruck_FirstBoot_1600.jpg

To me this looks more like problems with the sd card you are booting from.

Thanks! I got this up and running on a wired network, but I do have a few issues to report:

1. I can’t get the system to recognize my SATA hard drive to scan for media.
  2. I can’t get the Hot Spot function to work. The options show up under the Network screen, and appear to allow me to turn on the hot spot, but the SSID never shows up, and when I reboot again to go back to look at the settings, Hot Spot option is turned off for some reason.
  3. I can’t get the Cubietruck to connect to my network through WiFi.

If you have any ideas on what I can try, let me know. I’ll be glad to help with some more testing and experimentation the best that I can.

Thanks, but I have tried 3 different sd cards. I have 3 cubietrucks running with Rune.

The “Stefanius” Ubuntu 16.04 LTS distribution with Linuxkernel 3.4.112 von DanAnd boots perfectly and runs flawlessly.

The used 4.9 kernel seems to be very unstable.

Does the Hot Spotting work on Rune? I couldn’t get Hot Spot to work with Volumio or Rune either. I have confirmed that my hardware is okay with another standard Linux server on a different SD card. Maybe I am doing something wrong to not have the Hot Spot active on either Volumio or Rune?

Hello! Can you try to rebuild image? Valid image builded? Seems “volumbian” build system are broken now.
Ref: https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-nanopi-neo-t6758.html

1 Like

Hi, that will be difficult. we would like to, but the person who invested a lot of time and effort to add the armbian build option is unfortunately not maintaining this.
Unless there is a real demand for cubietruck, and with at least 2 sponsored devices from the vendor (which they sofar refused), there is not much we can do…

1 Like

Hello - first a big thank to LeonCB for this new Volumino-version for Cubietruck.

I tried it and it is working - so there is no need to build a complete new image.

for two problems I have here, I hope for the help from others - or the Volumio-team.

One problem is that it is not possible to choose a I2S DAC function in the output-menue.
There is no menue item but there is an (i)nfo Button which tells about the I2S DAC Option - please lock at the attached photo.
20171016_005023klein.jpg
I bought the cubietruck about two years ago, because it was highly recommended here in this forum.

This recommendation was right because till that time it works with the old version Volumio 1.5 or 1.55 - and it works with I2S and with a connected Sata-HDD to the Cubietruck for the music.
So, please have a look at this new version. Maybe comparing it to the old one could bring up the reason for this missing I2S easy and quick.

The second problem is the Sata-HDD - but in the old version this also didn’t work from the start … back then there was an advice from Michelangelo that helped and let the HDD run.

best regards
Klaus

Pity, we have no idea where LeonCB’s image or his build script is. When done properly, we might support it.
Cubietruck had no interest supporting us, so we are really relaying on our community to get this done.

Hi,

given I have bought 2 Cubietrucks because of the great hw audio support, I would love to have a up to date Volumio on Cubie. I was testing with Mopidy, but like Volumio much more (now that I have discovered it).

I may not be smart enough to get a version compiled, but offer to test.
Would love to have it booted from the NAND (not SDCard, SDCards get bad over time) even if it is slower that the SD Card, or a combo NAND / SATA. But thats secondary.

If someone compiles the code, I can testing it on top of Igors OS’es armbian.com/cubietruck/

Have a good one.

Paden

Downloaded 2.118. Put on SD card, simply boots from sd-card-slot. ok.
Boots, Webserver comes up. ok.

Where to switch from optical output to 3,5mm ? Why switch at all, why not use the optical adn th 3,5mm parallel?

In a standard IGOR OS I did (after playing around a lot, not knowing too much)

Check sound
sudo speaker-test -twav -c2 - ok
-> not even this works.

sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools -y
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-alsa -y

— see nubert-forum.de/nuforum/view … 31&t=39127 mit Änderungen in den ttable --------

sudo nano /etc/asound.conf

duplicate audio to both devices

pcm.!default plug:both

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave.pcm {
type multi
slaves.a.pcm “hw:0,0”