Vertical alphabet on right side of browser screen

Hello,

I’m going to try to explain as best as possible.
When you’re browsing the list of albums or artists, it would be fine to have on the right side of the screen a vertical alphabet, as you have when browsing your contacts on IOS.
By clicking on one letter you directly jump to the first name in the list starting with this letter.
This can be useful and speed-up the browse list when you have a lot of album or artist, rather than scroll down until you reach the one you are looking for.

Edit : I wrote Vertical Alphate because this is what iOS or Android provide, but this can be an horizontal aplhabet on the top of the screen. The trick is too have a quicker access.

Pascal

+1

+1. I had suggested such a feature some time ago.

+1.

+1

+1

+1 - (this would be particularly useful when using a local touchscreen)

+100 totally agree when using a touchscreen the current interface does not work very well for scrolling long list of albums

+1 with a touchscreen, almost impossible to browse properly

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 I think that’s almost unanimous Michelangelo!

On todo list :wink:

Instead of an alphabet a wider scrollbar would do the trick too. With wider I mean a bar that is big enough to move with your finger on a touchscreen.

I’ve done a quick 'n dirty alphabet on my customised Volumio install - it’s one of the things I’ve added to make Volumio a bit easier to use on the Pi touchscreen:
volumio.jpg

I say quick 'n dirty, because all I’ve done is just modify the UI script to add first letter anchor links around the album art, then the alphabet at the top is just a bunch of links to #A, #B and so on. It’s not the most elegant solution, but it works fine for me :wink: