vcgencmd | search-algorithm | cross-fader

Hello to everyone,

I’m currently using Volumio system-version 2.348 on a RasPi 3 Model B (Revision: a02082) with a HiFiBerry DAC Plus.

As someone already mentioned in a thread in 2014 ("[solved] Vcgencmd commands", vcgencmd-commands-t1492.html) I am as well in need of the vcgencmd commands, that aren’t part of the Volumio-system. I also use the “RasPi Check” smartphone-app to keep an eye on all my Pi-systems… and I guess other apps might use vcgencmd commands, too. That wouldd be really helpful if you could make them accessible. Trying to get them using “rpi-update”, I destroyed my system… as mentioned in a posting I read after trying… :confused:

The search-algorithm is quite irritating for me… I don’t know if I messed up something… 'cause I just don’t think this behaviour is intended by design.
If I remember just part of a song-title like “Hallelujah” and I know it’s somewhere in my database and I search for it… my Volumio won’t find it.
Finally, I remembered, it was “Hard Rock Hallelujah” by “Lordi” and typing “Hard Rock Hallelujah” did generate a correct result.
Trying again with just “Hallelujah”: no result.
I just can’t imagine this is by design, is it?

What I’d really like to see is a cross-fader for song-transitions… especially when selecting a song while another one is still playing.
Maybe this would also make a nice plugin, instead of implementing it right into the system.

Finally I’d like to show my appreciation for this really nice peace of software!
Keep up the good work!