trouble with readynas NV+

Trying to connect my ancient readNAS to Volumio.

My music files are stored at \(ipaddress)\music. I have attempted to add a drive numerous times, using the ip address (no slashes), and “music” (no quotes) for the path. My netgear still has the factory default name and password, which I specify in Volumio.

I have seen a few times an error message mentioning CIFS, but it disappears to quickly for me to read it.

Suggestions?

thanks!

-v

If you can hook up a monitor or ssh into your device, then try running the system log just before you attempt to add the NAS in the Volumio UI

sudo journalctl -f

Any mounting errors should be apparent.

For some reason, I can’t SSH in (with Putty), but I can see and access the shares all the usual ways and the content is available on my laptop (as a network drive), to DLNA, to jRiver, and even Moode (set up on another pi). So I kept thinking there must be something wrong in how I was specifying the information in Volumio?

I checked in the admin of the NAS, CIFS is enabled.

What is the error message when you try to ssh?

SSH was broken in a previous release, we are about to release a new one that fixes this problem

I can SSH in to Volumio just fine :slight_smile:.

When I try to SSH in to the NAS, I get a network error (connection refused). But I’m skeptical it is the NV+ as am able to connect with it via all other devices (and Moode).

Anything I can do in SSH within Volumio to help it find the share folder?

Have you tried doing what I suggested earlier: monitor for mounting errors with journalctl -f?

Hi, thanks again. Yes, I did. While I didn’t see anything meaningful (see below), the very next time I tried to add the NAS, it worked. Why is that?

Second question: how to delete the many network drives that Volumio failed to find? :slight_smile:

thanks!

-v

volumio@volumio:~$ sudo journalctl -f
– Logs begin at Mon 2016-12-12 00:22:25 UTC. –
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[31343]: Starting Basic System.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[31343]: Reached target Basic System.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[31343]: Starting Default.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[31343]: Reached target Default.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[31343]: Startup finished in 21ms.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 1000.
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio sshd[31319]: lastlog_openseek: Couldn’t stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory
Jan 25 14:08:36 volumio sshd[31319]: lastlog_openseek: Couldn’t stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory
Jan 25 14:09:03 volumio sudo[31360]: volumio : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/volumio ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl -f
Jan 25 14:09:03 volumio sudo[31360]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by volumio(uid=0)