Tinker Board Contributors....thanks, but no thanks :D

Holy $#&(&$! I spent most of the day attempting to get the Pi 7" touchscreen working with the latest Volumio on the Tinker Board. Yeah, not gonna happen with the Jessie. So, I git checked out the build script, went through modifying left & right for Stretch and building. Let me tell you this, there is a lot of work to be done there. So many things have been deprecated and dropped from Stretch, quite a few version changes on the dependencies in the recipes.

I really want to use my Tinker Board because it is better in every way compared to the Pi (except for the touchscreen) for Volumio, and I really want to use my touchscreen, but there is no way in hell I would pester the crap out of you to hurry up :smiley: I don’t envy you at all. But if you happen to knock out some Stretch images for the Tinker, let me know, I’ll be happy to test!

So, I guess this is my THANK YOU to y’all!

Hi,
our main development platforms for development are PI and X86. Meaning these ones are used for porting to stretch.
We are aware of the work to be done, quite some effort has been put in already, but we are not ready with it.
Other supported platforms and community builds will follow when PI and X86 are done.
And no, to save you the question, we do not have a release plan yet :mrgreen:

HEHE! Thanks, you guys rock hardcore! In the mean time, I just used a spare Pi with the touchscreen & made a simple kiosk :smiley: After looking at the over head on the Pi with the touchscreen plugin, I’m a little hesitant. Though, I don’t really need to use the plugin, I can get away with modifying the install script & using nodm & matchbox-window-manager with either Midori or Kweb. BUT…Now I am looking at getting yet another tablet, so thanks for that :laughing: I really wish I had more time to dedicate because I love the Tinker Board.

Anyways, keep on kickin’ ass. I will sit here enjoying it while breaking it & reinstalling daily. Man, thank goodness for the backup/restore plugin :smiley: