Streaming from Tidal desktop to network renderer

Hi,

I just realized I have no idea what I just signed up for… I am subscribing to the Virtuoso plan.
So here is what I want to do; use Tidal desktop (native) on my laptop playing music to my network music renderer, an SOtM 200Ultra (with DLNA enabled).
I downloaded the img file and read the flash procedure, but I have no idea where I would install the SD card with the img file?
Afterall I want to use my laptop to stream music over the network to my renderer running DLNA.

And I also managed to put this in the wrong forum, admin please move to MyVolumio Help and Support… :unamused:

Hi!
What you probably miss is that Volumio is meant to replace your SOTM :wink:
What you signed up to is MyVolumio, which allows you to have native TIDAL and QOBUZ integration (and more) on your Volumio device.
You can test it if you have a raspberry pi laying around or an old pc. Let me know if you need more help

Hi michelangelo,

thank you very much for your reply.
What you are saying really confirms that I have no idea about how to use Volumio :slight_smile: I still want to use my SOtM, so I better cancel my subscription…
I was hoping that this was a sort of a replacement for Bubbleupnp, so I could run the Tidal desktop native and stream over the network to my DLNA enabled renderer. This seems impossible, I am quite surprised about this.
And as you have understood by now, I am not a wizard with these network protocols and different software needed. I just want to play music.

Yes of course, you’re better to cancel your subscription… But… if you can give it a go, you will see what aces we have on our sleeves :wink:

You can use part of this guide in order to install Java and BubbleUpnpServer on a Raspberry PI:

http://blog.scphillips.com/posts/2013/07/playing-music-on-a-raspberry-pi-using-upnp-and-dlna-revisited/

However, I would listen to the advice from Michelangelo and give Volumio a go. If you already have the Raspberry PI hardware on hand, it will only cost you an extra SD card in order to try it out.

You could probably also install Java and BubbleUpnpServer on top of the Debian Linux included in the Volumio image, however one lack of Volumio is that it cannot yet send its output to a DLNA renderer (as far as I know Volumio can only send its output to a local sound/ALSA device).

I do not know if DNLA output is in the Volumio feature pipeline, maybe someone else knows that?