Streamaster - Allo Katana + Isolator + RPi3b+

4 months in the planning and making, finally done and sounds superb.

+Sugden Ampmaster case
+Allo Katana v1.2 stack with sound quality stage
+Allo Isolator
+RPi3B+
+USB WiFi
+240v to 6v transformer (MPAudio)
+Single stage linear PSU 5v3a for Pi and Isolator (MPAudio HS range)
+Two stage linear PSU 5v1.5adl double regulated for Katana stack (MPAudio HD range)
+Volumio2

In situ

Great and nice job. Congratulations!

This looks really fantastic. I am sure it is even more fun to use it when you build it by yourself.
I wish I could do all this electrical stuff myself…but I can‘t. So I have to stick to what‘s offered on the market.
Enjoy it.
Cheers
Thomas

Hello Atca

This is really a professional built with the Katana DAC. My plan for the next month is to built a similar setup by myself. Would you be so kind to answer some detail questions? Maybe over PM?

Regards

Keif

Thanks Thomas

Yes happy to.

[/quote]
Yes happy to.
[/quote]
That’s great…but I can’t send a pm to you. Maybe you could start a conversation?

Can you tell us more about “USB WiFi”?
What elements did you use and where did you buy them?
Good job!

I added USB WiFi as I was concerned the case would block the RPi’s on board WiFi signal.

I bought this due to the external antenna:
amazon.co.uk/Wireless-High- … B072FJS5MT

Whilst in practice it is all wired up, I haven’t yet installed it in Volumio as the signal from the RPi built in WiFi has been fine. The aluminium case hasn’t made much impact.

I did look at soldering an external antenna to the RPi 3B+ but it is much more difficult to do on this version as the traces are not readily accessible.

Find a usb dongle that uses a compatible chipset, e.g. RTL8811

wireless-adapter-compatibility-list-t2150.html

Yes happy to.
[/quote]
That’s great…but I can’t send a pm to you. Maybe you could start a conversation?
[/quote]
Not sure I have PM function I only have Tapatalk.

Can you ask in this thread?