Spotify not working on RaspDAC Mini Kit DIY, please HELP!

Sorry, I know there are similar questions but feels like I read the all forum and don’t get it to work

Just got my RaspDAC Mini Kit DIY and works well.

I have Volumio 2.555 and plugins Spotify 1.3.5

I entered the credential of my Spotify premium account, I can browse Spotify and get to the playlists, but I can’t play nor add to queue, I can only stream from my spotify iphone app to Vollumio.

What am I doing wrong? I just bought the kit for Spotify.

PLEASE HELP

Just patched the Spotify plugin to fix a non-backward compatible change they recently made. Follow these instructions and you should be good to go.

Full instructions:

Get a Spotify Refresh Token

Go to 54.86.144.136:8888/ and click on “Log in with Spotify”.

After plugging in your Spotify credentials you should be redirected to a page that shows who you are logged in as, with two oAuth tokens. Copy the bottom “Refresh token”.

Get a copy of the new Spotify index.js file
Now grab a new version of the Spotify plugin’s index.js file from here:

github.com/skikirkwood/volumio- … y/index.js

Plug in the refresh token you got from above
In line 451 replace the x’s with your refresh token:

var refreshToken = 'xxxxxxxxx';

Copy the edited file to your Volumio system
Now copy this file over to your Volumio system. First save the current version of the plugin’s index.js file:

ssh volumio@volumio.local
cd /data/plugins/music_service/spop/
cp index.js index.js.old
scp user@<your PC>:/path/to/new/index.js .

Reboot!
Reboot your Volumio system. Now you should be able to browse to your Spotify plugin, and with luck, “My Playlists” will work! Tested on Volumio 2.555.

WOW thank you for your help!!!

I did follow all the steps and I can browse and go on my playlist and so on.

Still have a HUGE problem, since I mostly use Spotify ad background music:

I can browse “Genres & Moods” and I see the purpose, but then I can’t log into a suggested playlist nor I can play the playlist.

this is getting annoying

I really appreciated your help

Didn’t have time to test “Genres & Moods” and “Featured Playlists”. They required a patch as well. Grab a new version of:

github.com/skikirkwood/volumio- … y/index.js

Remember to edit it and plug in your refresh token on line 451. Everything should be working now. Let me know.