Spotify connect2 problem

Hi!
Sorry for my bad English!
Player: allo Digione + Denon DAC, spotify connect2
Spotify installed on android phone (premium)
There is this problem 2 days ago, so far everything was perfect:
If you hit the song manually on spotify client on the phone, it won’t play. Always play the previous song. Pressing the next button will play the playlist normally. If the phone is the player, it works well. If the volumio is the player, then don’t work. I reinstalled everything, no change.
What could be the problem?
Thank You!

There is a problem when i control Volumio from my PC.

same here. but the problem seems more complex…

I realised it’s the same if i use phone app or desktop app.

First, you see that there are devices available. You connect to volumio, everything is fine. If I choose any song, it simply won’t play. I found only one fix. you play it first on the mobile/desktop app (1-2 seconds), and only than you connect to volumio. Than it comes another issue, sometimes it will jump to second 15, and play from there on.

The time bar for the song you are playing also stopped working. It says I am at the end of the song. This happens only in spotify app(desktop/mobile). If I open volumio.local it is working.

If you managed to play a song from a playlist, it will continue to play the songs from that playlist without stopping.

So yeah, waiting for an explanation and a fix :slight_smile:

L.E: I updated volumio just now and it’s the same

Right, I have exactly the same problem.

I could have said that, I’ve tried it yesterday. There was no sound.
Sorry! :slight_smile:

I installed the previous version of volumio, but the same issue. I give up.

Play from NAS too, or just from spotify?

Similair issues here, since a day or 2-3. My setup has worked flawlessly for months. I did not update anything in between.

What I noticed is:

• when I play music on the phone’s speaker and change the output device to my volumio box, it used to just continu playing on volumio. Now it restarts playing the song from the beginning after the connection to volumio was made.
  • When I play a spotify song through my volumio device the song plays fine. When its finsihed the next song starts playing etc. Choosing next/previous works within the current playlist, albeit slower than before.
    -I can not switch to another song anymore (other than choosing next/previous within the current playlist). When I try this all that happens is the song that was already playing simply starts again from the beginning, regardless of which song I choose.
  • When i stop the song, close spotify, shutdown the app, reboot the phone etc, volumio will start playing the last song that was playing before all that, regardless of what song I choose in spotify. Like it was hardcoded in volumio
  • Playing music on the phone’s speaker works fine, no issues at all with changing playlists
  • no difference between the app and the windows application of spotify

So far i tried:

• updating volumio to the latest version> no change
  • complete fresh volumio installation (using the same version that worked perfect for months)> no change,
  • restore from a backup disc image from volumio that is know to work (in the past)> no change

Since my volumio has not been updated or changed in any way, it must be somehow related to a recent spotify update in my opinion. As only playback through volumio is affected, it seems something has changed in the way spotify talks to external devices.

It seems to me that when connecting to volumio, the current playlist of spotify is copied to volumio and spotify is not able to modify it anymore.

Workaround is to disconnect by choosing the phone’s speaker as output, choose another song and reconnect to volumio.

I get the same issues stated here.
Also, the progress bar shows the song as being at the end, regardless of the actual position.
I haven’t updated the plugin or volumio so I guess it’s something that Spotify did to their system.

Same problems with hifiberry (office) and allo digione streamer (home) both on raspberry 3 b+.

Started yesterday. Friend of mine with digione (black edition) same problem as well.

Tried all things (restore / update / clean install even Spotify.

Same workaround found with starting on ipad/phone and then change to volumio. Skip forward / backward within playlist works for some times then gets stuck as well.

Guess it´s Spotify changing something in the background.

CREATING LONGS PLAYLISTS NOW! :blush:

Same issue for me since 2 days. I have 3 raspberries running volumio with spotify coonect here.
What I have done:

• for one Raspberry I did I did no software update, but a “reset to factory settings”. Behaviour did not change.
  • for one Raspberry I did a complete new installation with the actual relaease from scratch. Behaviour did not change.
  • on Raspberry has still the software which was working in the past

All three volumios behave the same when I use spotify connect and try to switch to another song while it plays a song.
The version for the Volumio Spotify Connect2 plugin is for all three raspberries the same (0.7.4) - means to me this plugin version worked fine in the past.
Now I’m a little bit perplexed - any help would be appreciated.

Solution from KlausP
community.spotify.com/t5/Other- … lse#M62040

Thanks. Worked after I changed :
cd ./volspotconnect2
to:
cd ./volspotconnect

because Terminal said: no such directory

After that I could finish installation.
Kind regards KK

Greetings,

Spotify has again made a breaking change to their connect protocol - I am currently testing a fix for it, should be out soon :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

ashthespy

This is maybe a request for another time.

Spotify Connect has a well know problem, and not just with Volumio. It limits playlists to 100 songs.

Is there any way you can fix this within Volumio?

thanks, this solution works for me too :smiley:

not a solution for me, not compatible with X86 volumio version…Problems with dependencies.
More, impossible to desinstall properly this plugin.
I tried to install last dev version of volspotconnect2 but impossible to launch song.
Waiting for an update! :wink:

same situation here… :frowning:

Just pushed changes. People on dev (0.8 and higher) version, please update the daemon.

[size=50]You can do this either manually downloading the binary again from gist.github.com/ashthespy/8f86f … c63d7ce683
You could directly pipe it to bash if you like (This is NOT recommended for scripts you don’t trust!)

curl https://gist.githubusercontent.com/ashthespy/8f86f1825acbd716fc4b78c63d7ce683/raw/getVollibrespot.sh | bash

[/size]
EDIT: Just reinstall the new dev version (0.8.4) to automatically pull the latest daemon :slight_smile:
Cheers!