Spotify connect app sync problem

Hello guys,

A new Volumio user here, first of all, its an amazing piece of software, thanks!

The only problem that i have, is with the spotify connect plugin.
I can connect from the (android) spotify app to my volumio device, and it starts playing the song i choose, but the track slider doesnt move, and when i choose another song it doesnt change the albumart within the spotify app.

Is this a known bug? or am i doing something wrong. I couldnt find anything on the forums/google about this problem so i take my chance here on the forums :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Hello im new to Volumino too!

This is a very nice peace of software, i use it since only 3 days but i like it so mutch!

The spotify connect feature doesnt work for me.
At windows and android i can see in spotify that there is a device called “volumio”, but i cant see any Trackinfos.
The controls via android / windows doesnt work too.

Greetings

Hi all,
nearly the same here.
I use version 2.368 on a Raspberry Pi Zero. Up to this version i had the Spotify connect plugin installed by the “upload” mechanism.
After updating to the new mechanism that uses the plugin repo the Spotify connect plugin stopped working.
I reinstalled and it started working again occasionally (i cannot put it any better): After a few reboots i could connect to the Pi
and play music for some time.
Now, maybe in context of the newest Spotify App update?, nothing works.

I took a fresh install of Volumio to another SD card hoping that this would help. But no. Same behaviour.

I see my Volumio Pi inside the Spotify android app and also in the pc software. But whenever i try to connect to the device it would not
connect and start playing music. If i already play music local, e.g. on my cellphone, and try to connect to my Pi i notice the music stops playing…

I have an SSH connect to the Pi, but where can i look for logs? What could i check?

I just had the same problems with volspotconnect2.

I installed volspotconnect (via SSH) found on GitHub from balbuze and have no problems anymore.
The only downsides are shuffle isn’t available and an initial volume can’t be set.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Thomasweg,
that helped a lot :smiley: thank you!

I installed version 1.7.4 of volspotconnect.zip like described somewhere in this universe.

It works now, including artwork. But: In the end this is not the way to go. Something is broken.

I am willing to help out with log info if someone points me to the right places.

BTW installing volspotconnect2.zip this way does not help, so do not try. I did :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi

I’m using Volumio since quite a while and it’s great to see how the system develops - Thanks everyone involved in keeping up this great work!!!

I ran into the same problem after I updated my system. Now I’m using Volumio 2.368 with “Volumio Spotify Connect2” installed. From my IPad and Macbook the connection with Spotify works fine. Only on my Android phone I can’t get it to work - it just won’t connect.

I’d be thankful for any hints or support.

Thanks in advance!

The plugin needs to be updated.
A “dev” version is available here :
https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotconnect2.zip
to be installed via ssh.
The official plugin is going to be updated

Awesome, tnkx all for the reply’s!
Gonna try the dev version!

And many thanks for your work on the plugin balbuze, awesome :slight_smile:

I installed the app today via SSH.
It did not work in Multi-User mode from start.
Once i enabled Single-User mode and put in my account info it now works both ways.

Thanks for your work, Master Balbuze!

I love this plugin, unfortunately the official plugin didn’t work for about a week now. That’s why I had to update.
This morning I installed version 0.6.4 from March 6th. The update of the official plugin via “volumio plugin install” was not possible. I had to uninstall the plugin via the web interface. Then the command worked. :slight_smile:
Now I have found a problem:
If volumio plays a “non-spotify” playlist (e. g. webradio), I can’t start the playback via the spotify app. Playback via the spotify App does not work until playback is stopped via the web interface.

@balbuze: Thank you for your great work

I just installed the version 0.6.6. Feature “volumio stop when spotify starts playing” is working great. Thank you @balbuze
The other direction doesn’t work unfortunately. If Spotify is playing and I try to start a Volumio playlist, I get the following error:

error.JPG

I have to stop Spotify before I can start Volumio.

Yes and we are working on this point…

Great!

Spotify connect connects again and thats awesome! But im having a problem with continuous play, Spotify stops after every song.

Same with me. And “next” does not work and “pause” does not work. Song stops, but (next) song doesn’t start (again). It only works over Spotify App (not with Volumio UI).

Sorry but the last version brings some issues. We are working to solve it asap :wink:
Waiting that, you can install the dev version, but some other problems may occurs

With the last update start and stop of volumio and spotify is working well

Oh yes, seems to work again! Now I can enjoy music without interruptions. Thank you very much!

I’m having the same issue. Been lurking on the forums a while and using Volumio for around 2 weeks.

Love it and it works so well it’s replaced my Chromecast audio with a spotty wifi connection.

Only issue I have is as you guys have mentioned. I work from home full time and am able to use the Spotify connect plugin (Installed through the Dev method to the latest version based on this thread - github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … /readme.md). Generally it works all day without issues, connecting, moving around, connecting to other devices then coming back. But overnight it stops working. Volumio is still up and responds on the GUI and SSH, but the Spotify connect plugin no longer shows in my Spotify apps on desktop or Android.

A restart fixes it, so I attempted to install Crontab. However, that doesn’t seem to work either (Cron itself doesn’t seem to restart the pi no matter how many different things I’ve tried).

So I’d love some advice on how to fix this.

Obviously, a daily restart isn’t a massive issue for me, so not that big a deal :slight_smile:

Could you start an issue with some logs to track this?
Cheers!