No sound with Allo USBridge and Singxer F1 D2D

Hi

I have been using Volumio with Allo USBridge and Chord 2qute DAC over USB since long.

Recently I acquired Singxer F1 (USB to SPDIF converter) to connect to a new DAC over SPDIF. Volumio recognizes F1 as DAC in ‘Playback options’ but there is no sound output. I tried using with ‘Mixer type’ options set for both None/Hardware.
I have updated the Volumio OS to the latest version 2.513.

The same F1 works fine with Windows PC (Foobar 2K) so its not a F1 issue, either.

Can you pl advise further steps to debug/resolve this issue?

Best regards

I will move this topic to the DAC section which is being read by Allo representatives too.

I believe the Singxer is not detected properly, it seems it could be when we update the Sparky kernel,
see today’s post in this DSD-Direct topic

Thanks for the reply!
Any ETA for this update on Sparky - somehow couldn’t figure this out clearly from the linked post :slight_smile:

BTW this works fine with Audio Linux - another Linux variant. So hopefully it shouldn’t be a huge task on Volumio too!

regards

We don’t give fixed ETAs for anything, just an indication in some cases.
For patching the Sparky kernel I hope by the end of January, depending how much time I have.
I also need you to test this before we release as I don’t owe a Singxer.

Sure. I will gladly help beta test. Pl let me know when you are ready!

I checked the current Sparky kernel and it appears that the Singxer F1 converter board has been configured by Allo already.
Could you do an

lsusb

to verify the USB Vendor and Product ID is 0x20b1 and 0x3086?

Otherwise this is something only Allo can help with.