[collected] Song Rating Genre Management and Smart Playlist

Hi,

AFAIC, the two features I really lack are:

• support for song rating (1 to 5 stars) and genre (drop down of existing genres + option to create new one) management from UI
  • support for “smart” playlists like in “play 4 stars rated reggae tracks” or even better “play (rock or blues) tracks which rating is >= 3”

Bests

2 Likes

absolutely right, I was missing this features too. in 2014 this should be expected in any player - I am adding myself to this thread to follow the development or further comments on this.

1 Like

FYI I’ve two tickets opened on this subject:
github.com/jotak/Volumio-WebUI/issues/5
github.com/jotak/Volumio-WebUI/issues/6

Yes the rating is required,Have you considered a database Sqlite Ex. sourceforge.net/p/rompr/wiki/Ena … 20Tagging/

Up, it would be great to have a rating system !

1 Like

I know this is old, but “Smart Playlists” (where I can play all “4-star” songs (or “all 4+ star songs”)) is the one feature I feel this package is really missing that’s keeping it from greatness.

Really, I don’t even need true “smart” playlists: just some way to select all songs of a certain or minimum rating.

I user Volumio since years and really love it! The only thing which I really miss is song-ratings: it would be very helpful to at least see the ratings and have the ability to sort; filtering or selecting songs based on their rating would be perfect.

1 Like

Yes, we desperately need the ability to filter/select songs based on any tag meeting any criteria!

It’s unfortunate that the only solution here is to use a program with better ‘smart list’ functionality to generate an M3U playlist an then import that via a plugin (which currently needs to be installed manually).

It’s unfortunate enough that I fear I’m going to have to cancel my sub and find an alternate player. :frowning:

have you looked at Cantata. It can be connected to Volumio’s MPD and has a lot of playlist capeabilties.

Thank you for the tip, but the development of cantata has ceased and the latest release is from March. Although it is for Linux, I’m searching for an Android App.