Sometimes music can't be added to the queue

I am running volumio on a rpi2, I recently upgraded to 2.246. I usually browse my music with the Music Library section since I have everything sorted nicely into folders. However, when I add an album or song this way now nothing happens. If I instead use the “Albums” or “Artists” sections I can add an album to the queue. I still can’t add a single song that way though. I’ve been staring at the log file and haven’t seen a single error, but here is the only thing that I could see:
Correctly added to the queue:
2017-10-09T22:18:31.001Z - info: ADDING THIS ITEM TO QUEUE: {“uri”:“artists://Allen%20Toussaint/The%20Allen%20Toussaint%20Collection”,“title”:“The Allen Toussaint Collection”,“service”:“mpd”}
2017-10-09T22:18:31.002Z - info: Exploding uri artists://Allen%20Toussaint/The%20Allen … Collection in service mpd

these lines are then followed by a huge block adding all the songs to the queue

Adding a single song to the queue:
2017-10-09T22:19:55.186Z - info: ADDING THIS ITEM TO QUEUE: {“uri”:“music-library/FLAC/Allen Toussaint - Collection/Allen Toussaint - The Allen Toussaint Collection - 01 - From A Whisper to a Scream.flac”,“title”:“From A Whisper to a Scream”,“service”:“mpd”}
2017-10-09T22:19:55.187Z - info: Exploding uri music-library/FLAC/Allen Toussaint - Collection/Allen Toussaint - The Allen Toussaint Collection - 01 - From A Whisper to a Scream.flac in service mpd

The line where the songs should be added to the queue then shows blank:
2017-10-09T22:19:55.213Z - info: Adding item to queue: []

The only difference I see is that the single song still has spaces in it and the album has %20. Any idea what’s going on here?

thanks,

Andy

Is there a way you can send me your music folder (the one that is failing) via wetransfer? send it to info at volumio dot org

The music folder as in all my music files or do you mean something else. It’s all of my music that I’m having this problem with, about 150 GB of FLAC files.

If it happens with all your files then I’ll take a look if adding via file browser is broken

It’s adding anything from the file browser, but also adding a single song from the albums and artists sections too.
I also just updated the system to 2.285 and it is still doing the same thing.

Hi Michelangelo,

Were you ever able to take a look at this? I’m running the newest rpi version but the file browser is still acting the same way.

I am having the same issue. Pi3 with IQ Audio. All my music is on a NAS drive and I was able to play everything with no issues. I haven’t used the system in a while. Yesterday I turned it on and realized I cannot play any of the songs. It says “… added to the queue” but nothing gets added and nothing plays. The web radio functions as usual.
I restarted my router and updated Volumio to the latest version. That did not solve the issue.
I confirmed that the files on the NAS are OK, I can play anything on it on my PC.
Any ideas to solve this???
Thanks!

Problem solved:
The NAS was not visible to any device on the network so I did an online research and realized that Windows update messed up network settings. I made the change and everything works.