SACD ISO direct support

Currently with the code provided by the post below, I can build a MPD with SACD ISO support and works perfectly fine with volumio 1.55 on Rpi 2.

Would suggest the add this feature in next build

forum.musicpd.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=335

Absolutely yes! Send me a PM, you can develop if you wish the SACD Audio support for Volumio2 !

Apparently I am not senior enough on this forum, cannot send PM.

Would be very happy to help. However I have very limited programming skills, OK to compile from source. Not capable to taylor the code.

Btw just followed the link above and it totally worked on Volumio 1.55 on RPi 2. Should be piece of cake for you pros to integrate into Volumio 2 :smiley:

Have been trying to get one MPD that works for all, and this fork is almost perfect now on a Odroid C2/ Rpi2.

Here is the features

Link to this fork on Github as below

github.com/xxxbugxxxx/MPD

-SACD ISO support -no need to covert to DSF/DFF, directly play SACD ISO file
-DSD_U32 based Native DSD support (Not DOP) for certain XMOS based USB interface.

• Adaptive up sampling, aka upsample 44.1Khz multiples to 352.8khz, and up sample 48k multiples to 384khz
    (currently hard coded in DecoderAPI.cxx, you have to change the code to taylor to your DAC capbilities)
    (github.com/xxxbugxxxx/MPD/tr…e-auto-changer branch)

This is probably the best MPD with all DSD related feature all in one now.

Next quest would be PCM to DSD upsampling( one SoX fork supports this,however MPD does not, may need somebody to mod MPD)

process to install
git clone github.com/xxxbugxxxx/MPD
cd MPD
make --enable-sacdiso --disable-iso9660
make install

Note:
there are a few dependencies needed,

expat, libupnp, glib2.0, and glib2.0 path may need to be tweaked.

Also, for DSD-native to work, alsa-lib has to be 1.0.29 or above. linux kernel has to be patched for your USB DAC.

details refer to github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd.

use dpkg -l to find libasound2 's version and remove and build from source as needed.

And this work is based on couple of genius’s work.

It is based on Max Kellerman’s MPD 0.19.15,

and Maxim V.Anisiutkin 's SACD ISO fork
git.musicpd.org/cgit/manisiutkin/mpd.git

and Hicaoc’s patch to MPD 0.19.15 for DSD_U32 native mode.
github.com/hicaoc

Are you still working on the implementation of this function?
If not, is there a step-by-step explanation (for dummies) of how to install the xxxbugxxxx version?
Regards

Daniel

Hi xxxbugxxxx

I would like to use your final version, if it exist.

Thanks in advance if you can share it with us. :mrgreen:

This thread is over a year old for a different version of Volumio, and the OP has not been active on these forums since then. If you are interested in the topic then please start a new thread (referencing the original if you want).

Yes it will be nice to play ISO files

A lot of volumio users want this functionality.

Is any one developing it? Can we expat it in any time frame?

I think this has been implemented by a Chinese contributor, see my recent post for more details.
You need a Baidu account to access the download, which i unfortualtely lack. Please share if you can get to it. I think this was built using an MPD fork that handles SACD Isos. I’m not sure how it handles DST compressed SACDs at this point.
https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-build-with-sacd-iso-support-spotted-t10746.html

By the way, this may sound stupid, but how about CD ISO and DVD-A ISO support as well ?

Regards

I get asked this all the time - it be great to be able to nativity play SACD ISO’s directly…

+1000 for this functionality…

Here another one interested in iso sacd support.