RPi 3 A+; will it run Volumio?

As the title says, has anyone tried one yet? They could make really neat players but the network is likely the limiting factor…

Chris M

I wouldn’t see why not? If you do not need the usb hub with the 4 ports and can do without the usb-to-erhernet ethernet port, it is the same. Same GPIO pins for a HAT board so I would guess no problem.

You can even argue to prefer it over a 3B+ when you only use a HAT board and Wifi (Or blietooth).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reduced memory may have consequeneces, but I would have thought it will work ok (if RPi0s can manage …).

IMHO it will just work :wink:

I can report that I tried an earlier build of Volumio 2 and for some reason it did not boot. Can’t remember the build, but it was from around the middle of this year. Updated to the latest build, using Volumio 2 software update and it now boots ok on a Pi 3 A+. The earlier build was running fine on a Pi 3 and Pi Zero.

One downside, the update must of lost the systemd settings that started my python switch, ir and lcd display software.

Regards,

David

May be it didn’t change the service…for my display stuff…will need to did deeper.

Regards,

David

OK I believe the upgrade replaced /boot/config.txt which contained my lirc line, causing the script to abort because it was now missing. Now replaced and working ok.

Regards,

David