Robustness Issues

Dampers, cables, Turntables... Audiophilia, baby!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Robustness Issues

Postby dynobot » Wed Dec 21 2016 12:14

I really love how Volumio has progressed and that it is under constant development. Listening to users and baking in useful features really creates a buzz about a product. However, at this point I feel that Volumio is just not robust enough for me to use everyday. It constantly freezes up and seems very glitchy. I have tried various Dacs, Hats and ARM boards but the results are consistent across the board, even when I use the x86 image on my regular computer. Its very slow and buggy....for example switching from an Internet radio station to a music file often causes it to freeze up and requires a reboot. The volume may or may not work and music may or may not play on the first attempt. I love the features and everything else about it though...I'll keep trying in hopes that it will become more solid over time.

Good work Volumio Team!! :D
dynobot
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Robustness Issues

Postby michelangelo » Wed Dec 21 2016 13:17

Yes, the complexity of the project has incresed significantly with this new version. All in all we just need a bit of time to iron all the weaknesses that such complexity brings, aka fix the bugs.. Therefore any feedback and bug report is super useful ;)
michelangelo
Founder

Robustness Issues

Postby dynobot » Sun Dec 25 2016 16:48

How can I help with reporting bugs?

Freezing up when switching artist folders on a NAS, Freezing when playing Spotify etc. Any bug reports etc that I should run?

Instead of just complaining about this and that not working, I'd like to give you some information you can use....
dynobot
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Robustness Issues

Postby SonosKiller » Sun Dec 25 2016 19:00

Random avatar
SonosKiller
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Return to Everything else