Recover connection to my old Volumio RPI

Hi all,

A slightly different take on a question that has popped up before: I had Volumio (v.2) running on a Pi 3B, on wifi in another country. Moved countries, packed everything up, a few months later unpacked everything, started up the Pi, and realised I don’t know how to get onto it to change the Wifi configuration so that it connects to my new router. It is running headless. Any suggestions? Can I somehow connect directly using an ethernet cable to the router, but if so, how do I find the Pi? Will it still be at Volumio.local on the new network? I did this, but the router didn’t seem to show it connected.

Thanks,

jcvl

If you had the hotspot enabled, then Volumio should start it on not finding a wifi network that it can connect to. Have a look on you mobile/tablet etc. and see if you can see the Volumio hotspot, connect to it, and then access your Volumio GUI at 192.168.211.1. Let us know how you get on :wink:

Thanks Chsims1,

There is no sign of the hotspot. Nor have I had any success changing our current network to use the SSID and key of our old network, hoping to get it to reconnect as it used to do.

If I connect the Pi directly to the router with an ethernet cable, how might I then try to find it on the network? Will it simply be available again at volumio.local?

There you’ll find the IP assigned to your PI.