problem with scanning music library (raspi and Volumio2)

I have a rasberry pi 3B with a HiFiBerry Digi+ - Pro connected with toslink/spif.
Works great.
But when i want to index/read my music on the synology CIFS share. it stops indexing after 43530 songs.
Why? I’ve tried looking for corrupt files. Tried searching in logfiles to see what file volumio is trying to read.
So where or how can i see witch file Volumio tries to read. Or is there a limit on files to index?

Installing Rune audio. that works good. what is happening? isn’t a corrupt file the problem, but stability of the scan engine?

around 60.000 scanned fine so far from my syno.
So it’s likely not a volumio issue.
Should I mentioned that I recently stumbled across a posting where it said that 10K+ items isn’t possible to be handled in the local db? Hopefully I got this wrong, since I’ll surely pass the 100.000 tracks amount long before having reached the end of my collection.

But a question in return. How did you manage to get cifs mounts working? From within the volumio gui?
Any help?

Got it working but only from within the ssh, since it’s much easier to for the mount command against trying to figure out why the very same inputs from within the gui do fail. Not to mention that the help section dealing with cifs mounts was free of sense since none of the hints given were part of the problem.

Thanks,

yes i got cifs mounts working:

I used the ip adres. remote adres (music/albums/)
username etc.
and with advanced options
mount flags: vers=2.0
because my synology only serves SMB2 and SMB3.

watch the closing / in the remote adres.

tried your suggesting with vers= but that didn’t help.
found out that from the shell I can only mount if surrounding my pwd by single quotes. Without the mount fails aswell.
So perhaps the mount command built from the gui assumes one has dumb passwords such as PASSWORD ? or the name of the cat against using something more exotic such as $gfo49ßk233&*Ä’"4§= for a password?

Edit: just noticed that it works if using single-quotes around the password in the frontend. NICE