problem seeing music titles on mounted NAS

Hi,

I mounted my NAS music folder on my volumio installation but was not able to see any music files in “My Music” at all.
Initially I thought that the mount did not work even though volumio stated me that it was mounted. I used SSH to connect to my volumio and saw that the folder was actually mounted successfully:

volumio@matvol:/mnt/NAS$ mount
matnas:/Music on /mnt/NAS/matmusic type nfs4 (ro,relatime,vers=4.0,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,soft,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.0.142,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.0.92)

I also was able to go into music directories within SSH, no problem at all. This is the mounted drive:

volumio@matvol:/mnt/NAS$ ls -al
total 56
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root   4096 Mar  9 13:32 .
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root   4096 Feb 18 18:31 ..
drwxrwsrwx 816  501 users 36864 Jun 10  2018 matmusic
volumio@matvol:/mnt/NAS$ 

Now what? OK, there is quite many directories on the music folder but I don’t know any further right now. Any suggestions?

My volumio runs on RPi3B+ and it is the version 2.555.
My NAS is OMV with version 3.0.99 (Erasmus)

Can you give some more details of your problem? I didn’t understand what you mean by " not able to see any music files in “My Music” at all." Can you not see any tracks from the ‘browse’ tab (volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … steps.html)?

Exactly, no list of music albums, titles etc. in “My Music”.
But it looks like the NAS music drive is correctly mounted. Another thing: I can actually browse through the mounted folders in the shell using SSH to volumio. Really strange.

My only guess is that there is a problem with id and gid of the volumio user mounting the music from the NAS. But I mean: should I now reconfigure these id’s in order to succeed?

I had exactly the same problem and nearly gave up. Now i came back to this problem and have changed the access rights for the “music” folder and it works. I am allowing read-access for “everyone” (synonym for “all users” on my Synology NAS).

So in conclusion:

• network share is successfully mounted via nfs with a specific user/password
  • additionally i just gave “everyone” read access for the folder (and all sub folders and files)

So what you actually mean is that you can’t see files in a “My Music” folder on your NAS. This wasn’t clear to me from your original post. Probably permissions as the previous poster has stated.

Ok, after some days I tried something similar to your approach:
On my openmediavault OMW installation I changed the ACL access rights for my shared folders. The access rights read/write are now for everyone in the group ‘users’. I also added a ‘volumio’ user on my OMV with the same UID as the VOLUMIO RPi user. Also the GID is the same.

Now it works. You really need technical knowledge to get that all working, phew…

Thanks for your help anyway! :slight_smile: