Plugin dependencies

Something still going havoc with my node_modules when I install my plugin under development.
Correct me if I’m wrong: I can add a list of node modules to the “dependencies” in package.json in order for them to be installed via npm, IF they don’t have to be compiled, otherwise I’m supposed to grab compiled modules for the respective architecture from somewhere else.

If I include the following package.json

{
  "name": "foobar",
  "version": "0.1.0",
  "description": "Foo Bar",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
  },
  "author": "Fightclub",
  "license": "ISC",
  "volumio_info": {
    "prettyName": "Foo Bar",
    "icon": "fa-power-off",
    "plugin_type": "miscellanea",
    "boot_priority": 1
  },
  "dependencies": {
      "fs-extra": "^0.28.0",
      "kew": "^0.7.0",
      "v-conf": "^0.10.0",
      "onoff": "^1.1.1",
      "socket.io-client": "^1.4.5"
  }
}

I get the following error during plugin installation (after tmp-folder has been removed)

What the *** is going on?

1- You need to include the node_modules folder with all the modules installed in the plugin.zip
2- When this error happens? Are you sure you edited properly the package.json of the plugin with all the info needed? Particularly

“volumio_info”: {
“prettyName”: “Spotify”,
“icon”: “fa-spotify”,
“plugin_type”: “music_service”
}

let me know!

As shown in my code listing, the volumio info object contains the attributes ‘prettyName’, ‘icon’, ‘plugin_type’ and ‘boot_priority’. I looked this up in a few other plugins and as far as I can tell from your example, everything that should is in there.
The error occurs when I upload my plugin at the very last step, i.e. after Download, rename, move to category, install.sh, registery entry and removing the tmp folder and zip file and only then the error occurs. At startup of the plugin it then complains about missing node modules.

This raises more questions than it answers.
Citing the docs:

This reads as if modules that are listed in the dependencies object of package.json will be installed via npm during plugin installation by volumio. In this case I don’t see why there should be a node_modules folder populated with all necessary modules. The other way round, if we need to provide a node_modules folder with all necessary modules, why do we need to provide dependencies in package.json in the first place? What am I missing?
In addition, I can’t find any node_modules folder on any of the plugin repos on github, neither on the official one, nor on tomatpasser’s GPIO plugin.
This leads me directly to my next question: How can I publish my plugin in the volumio plugin search, once everything is sorted out?