Pifi DAC+ V2.0 and Volumio 2.246

Hi all

I cant get working the China PifiDac+ with Volumio 2.246.
I use HifiBerry DAC Plus Output Device but nothing.
Does it work with older Version of Volumio? Where can i download them?

Never had any problems with Pifi’s
What other settings have you messed with ? :imp:

:slight_smile:

Set Audio jack, save , reboot

Set like below , save , reboot
Pifi.jpg

I have a Raspi3 with the PifiDAC+ (China)
I burned Volumio 2.246 on the sd.
If i turn on all the red led on the Pifi turns on.
I ssh the Pi and “aplay -l” give me that:

volumio@volumio:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
volumio@volumio:~$

Theres not listed the Pifi. Must I activate it?

In Volumio Playback Options i activate I2S DAC and set DAC MODEL to Hifiberry DAC Plus and save it. (Like in your photo).
If i reboot and play some webradio i got an error. (Photo)
volumio.jpg

In my case, I have the same version and same board.
II found “HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0” in user interface and in “aplay -l”

If I activate I2S DAC and select “HifiBerry DAC Plus” as model I have no sound at all !

When I select the DAC model and press save, the Output device is replaced by the model; is it good ??

I think so , that’s what’s happen for me too

Set Audio jack, save , reboot , test if you have sound

Set IS2 Dac = On , select DAC model = HifiBerry Dac Plus, save, reboot, test if you have sound

I have not noticed any problems with ver 2.246, but if you like to try a development version and see if it works better

https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/System_updates.html

see “Use the system updater to test Beta-Releases”

I Just discovered that with Ethernet cable it works will for me but not with only Wifi !!!

I bought this Kuman DAC on Amazon and it is writen on the comments that Volumio dont work with RPI3 !!

In fact the IR receiver added in the PIIF clone card use the GPIO 26 and create conflicts

I added
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=26
in the /boot/config.txt file

and now I can use the Wifi on my RPI3 with Volumio !!!

I have a question about that IR .
I have volumeio 2.378 on a raspberry pi 3 with a pifi dac, music works very well, but the IR is not to get talking. Institutions such as those described above, does anyone have a solution for that?

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=16
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=26

thank you

translated with deepl

Hi Walter,

I also tried to get this working since the IR plugin has been available. Just setting the GPIO_IN_PIN to 26 does not work in Version 1.0 of the plugin - i read somewhere else in the forum.
You have to use Version 1.20 - which is available on Github - but there is no installable zip file there.
In Volumio an update is offered but after one installs it - everything remains the same and the update is still offered.

Just tried it again - still no way to use the IR receiver.

As soon as i install and activate the IR-plugin WIFI (of a PI3b) stops working. USB-WiFI is working but the USB device is getting hot for some reason.
The only way to get it stable for me is to suck off the solder at the bridge point close to the IR receiver on the PIFI DAC hat.

So there remain questions nobody answered - afaik.

• Why does Volumio not install the version 1.20
  • Has anybody got that IR receiver working at all ?
  • Does anyone know how to get the v1.20 installed in any way ?

Josef

1 Like

I have the same PiFi DAC and at one time I used the HiFi Berry software to configure the soundcard and it worked…after hours and hours of research and months and months would go by and I couldn’t get the device to work, and I would keep coming back to the web, because I was so determined to make it work…then one day it did work…to my surprise with HiFi Berry. Now I purchased a Allo Piano 2.1 and plug it in to my Raspberry Pi 3, turn it on, go to the settings, and configure the sound card, now, there are so many different choices for sound cards…but Still no PiFI protocol.

Tonight, I thought I would change things up a bit, since the PiFi was working on one raspberry Pi, I thought I would switch the Piano with the PiFi…What a mistake that was…I have been doing nothing but trying to configure and get access to the settings in Volumio to get to the sound card and do some configuring and try to get things back to where they were…

I have had success using RUNE AUDIO and the PiFi,… Volumio and the PiFi, I thought I did have it working at one point, however now with Piano and Kali hooked up, it keeps crashing and dropping signals and just not being very responsive or user friendly…

I have a PiFace DAC+ 2.0 on a Raspberry Pi 1B.

Whenever I upgrade to the latest software, or change any settings, the audio output resets to a “HifBerry DAC Plus” and the audio stops working.

When I select “snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac” from the settings, it resets to “HifBerry DAC Plus”. If I accidentally save the settings before selecting the “snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac” option, I lose audio again.

Is there something I have overlooked?

Hi, Sorry to bump this, but you guys fix this issue? mine like this is coming, I just ordered.