Pi3 - HifiBerry Digi+ Pro - DSD issue

Hello everybody and sorry for my english !

Recently a problem appears with DSD/DSF files. Before, the same files worked perfectly. But now, if the other audio files work (FLAC, MP3…), DSD/DSF doesn’t work. Precisely, volumio plays the files but, no sound.

My installation : - Pi3
- Hifiberry digi + Pro
- Volumio 2 (updated 22/06/2018).

I’ve tried to change the i2s option (Digi Pro / Digi) and use DSD to PCM… it doesn’t work.
A new installation of volumio doesn’t solve the problem.

So, other people have the same problem ? Any solution ?

Start with that:
In the settings, find similar “DSD Output”. If you have there is worth “Direct” the change on “DoP.”
And If you have there is worth “DoP” the change on “Direct”.

I checked. DSD playback.

If you set DSD Playback Mode -> DSD Direct
The output of SPDIF will be normal PCM signal of 192 kHz. Your DAC will play music.
If your DAC does not understand this frequency, use the Resampling function to lower the frequency.

If you set DSD Playback Mode -> DSD Over PCM (DoP)
The output of SPDIF will be encoded signal PCM - DoP 176 kHz. Your DAC will be silent.
Personally, I have not met a DAC yet that is capable of playing DoP from SPDIF. I’ve never even heard of them.

I had the same problem, but found the solution:
disable the software mixer.
After that everything plays fine. Before I could play .wav files and change the volume but as soon as I played the DSD I got an error with alsa: volume or so. So I decided to disable the Software mixer, and everything works fine now. :laughing: