Parameters for Topping D10

Hello!

First of all thanks for Volumio 2 I really like it! :smiley:

And here is my question:

I just bought myself a Topping D10 but Volumio 2 only fully supports Topping D30 & Topping D50.

Is there a workaround for this not fully supported device or should I just sit still in the boat until someone ads the parameters to the next distro ?

Bump :slight_smile:

Topping D10 is supposed to be an XMOS based device and with the newer kernels this should enable it by default.
So Iā€™m a little confused here, I suppose you used ssh to login and did

lsusb
lsusb -t
aplay -l

If not, could you do that and, in both cases, give us the output?
Also, could you tell us which board you are running Volumio on?

Hi gkkpch,

My Asus Tinker board with Topping D10 DAC was working fine. but since I upgraded to the latest version I am facing the issue connecting this DAC. I need to reboot the volumio multiple times to be able to detect the Dac and get any sound. no change in any settings but this becomes recurring problem. i just wish to revert to previous version.

Great, I will give you this output data after christmas & new year!

Thanks and happy christmas to you :slight_smile:

Btw, I have Volumio 2 on a Rpi 3bā€¦

I also had that problem when using the update fuction but I solved it with a clean install.

Thanks, I will give it a shot and update

DAC support differs between platforms, so it could be a working DAC on one is not working on the other.
It depends on the kernel, we try to sync support as good as possible between the ones we have influence on.
With the tinkerboard it is possible we lost something with our latest update as we had to reverse the kernel for serious technical reasons. We hope to fix this after the new year.

I am still facing issues with a clean install (and even older version of volumio) and DAC connection is still not stable. even with the older version. there are no issues with DAC is it works solidly with my Laptop.

Can anyone suggest some kind of diagnostic or something to try to check for possible issues?

Hi, I too have a Topping D10 (with rPi3B+) and it seems DSD playback isnā€™t working. You can just make out the faint sound of the song + a huge amount of static/white noise. Here is the outputā€¦this is with a clean (just formatted SD Card/imaged it 3 hours agoā€¦) with 2.555 of Volumio.

[EDIT]
So it turns out that DSD worksā€¦but the volume has to be up at 100% otherwise there is static. Does that mean there is something ā€œoffā€ with the hardware mixer control and its ability to attenuate DSD volume?
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
So I had a complete brain meltdown, (as can be seen in my previous edit). DSD needs to be played at 100% volumeā€¦DUH. It even says that clear as day in the ā€œset DSD volume level automaticallyā€ help/info button. Sorry about the dum, dum mixup!
[/EDIT2]

Thanks
verkion

lsusb

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 152a:8750 Thesycon Systemsoftware & Consulting GmbH Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp. Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

lsusb -t

/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/3p, 480M |__ Port 1: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=lan78xx, 480M |__ Port 3: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 480M |__ Port 3: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Audio, Driver=snd-usb-audio, 480M |__ Port 3: Dev 4, If 2, Class=Application Specific Interface, Driver=, 480M

aplay -t

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA] Subdevices: 7/7 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6 card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 5: D10 [D10], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0