[collected] Pandora Support?

Hi Guys,

I’ve been using Volumio for a little while now and I’m loving it, but I wondering if there are any plans in the near future for Pandora support? I’ve been using Raspbmc for a while (just moved to OSMC so I can more easily use my HiFiberry Digi) and one of the things I loved was Pandora support in XBMC. I’ve seen a couple of posts mentioning that Pandora support would a good feature to add but not much else, so I thought I give it a little bump!

It think support for more streaming services like Pandora would make Volumio stand out as an all-in-one audio solution.

Keep up the good work! :smiley:

currently the team is working on a system where its easier to implement new streaming services.

Looks like Pithos already exists. Any reason it can’t just be installed?

It can be controlled from a commandline, so you might be able to install buttons mapped to keys…or use a touch screen…or something.

I’d like very much a Pandora plugin.

Reviving an old thread here, as I too would greatly appreciate a Pandora plugin. I’ll go one step further and state my reasons why:

1. Premium service now available
  2. the Genome engine is the best (in my opinion)
  3. Artist information. Pandora appeals to me for its commitment to the overall experience. Reading about the artist, band and related musicians while listening to music enhances the experience and provides content that no other streaming service does.
  4. AirPlay performance is no substitute for a true plugin
  5. the quality gap to Spotify is better than ever before - that is when it is running native on a computer. AirPlay reduces quality.