Odroid touchscreen

Hi,

did anybody successfully use Odroid VU-5 (or VU-7) with Volumio? I have Volumio 2 with rouchscreen plugin, but it seems touchscreen control doesn’t work. I have modified hdmi_mode and hdmi_group in boot/config.txt and I can see the screen now (volumio web page). However it seems that touch control doesn’t work - no reaction when I touch the display.

Actually the settings tab of the touchscreen plugin seems to be empty - no parameters to be setup? Is it ok?

thanks

It should actually work out-of-the box. Connect HDMI and USB, set hdmi mode and resolution (like you did) and reboot.
If not, then you need to check if the touchscreen has been detected and recognized as a hid device (lsusb -t)

Hi, thanks for your help - I tried lsusb -t and I can see:
Port 2: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
When I unplug USB cable from the touchscreen, this device disappers.

I can see the Volumio web screen, but when I touch the display, no reaction.
Anything else I should check to verify if everything is ok?

I have a VU7 here, but need time to set it up with an RPi 3, next on my ToDo list.

any update please?

In the meantime I have also purchased Waveshare 5’’ display and it seems it is the same issue as with Odroid VU-5 - display works and I can se volumio screen (just needed to modify hdmi parameter in /boot/config.txt), but the touch screen functionality doesn’t work. Both Waveshare and Odroid displays are connected to RPi through HDMI cable ans micro USB cable.

I have RPi3, latest volumio version and Touchscreen plugin installed.

Obviously others have difficulties too, see http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=17959
So this is out of our league, sorry.