Odroid C2 + iFi Nano iDSD for DSD256 playback?

Hi,

I have an iFi Nano iDSD that have been using with a Pi2 with Volumio as a renderer with JRiver Media Center 22.
I am running Volumio 2.0 and have the Pi2 overclocked to 1050MHz. I can playback DSD64 with no issues and start to get pauses when trying to playback DSD128. I have some DSD256 files I would like to be able to playback as well. I was thinking of purchasing an Odroid C2 instead of a Pi3 as it seems to have more CPU power.

Has anyone tried this combo to know if it can playback DSD256?

From another thread searching for info I saw someone ask if Volumio supports DSD playback. I suppose this would be good to know as well before I try to invest too much into this setup.

Thanks,
Jason

I am using an RPi 4B with Volumio 3. It has 1.5 GHz quad-core, 8 GB RAM: same speed as the Odroid C2. To avoid getting dropouts at DSD256, I have to supply high bandwidth from the network. A local USB device is too slow, even a Samsung T7. So I’m considering a more powerful mini-PC to replace the RPi. It’s complicated. I recently acquired an RME ADI-2 Pro. I have other high end components, and a lot of high quality analog records. I tested recording at PCM 384 KHz/32-bit, DSD128, PCM 768 KHz/32-bit and DSD256. I found that the 768 KHz PCM and DSD256 consistently provide more detail and clarity. As you know, that implies a lot more data, both storage and bandwidth. So . . . USB on the RPi appears to be too slow.

I am using:

• Volumio 2 or Volumio 3
  • Audio source - Odroid C4
  • USB-DAC - Topping E30
    Playing files DSD512(native) - without problems