ODROID-C2, a 64-bit quad-core 2Ghz SBC with 2Gb RAM

For those interested: Hardkernel announced a new toy today: the Odroid C2

Quote from their website:
“The ODROID-C2 is a 64-bit quad-core Single Board Computer (SBC) that is one of the most cost-effective 64-bit development boards available in the ARM world. It will be available for purchase on March 2, 2016 at US$40. The mass production will be started from February 15, 2016 and the first shipping date is March 4,”

More details here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=18683

hello,
Thank you for the info. I really consider to get this board for my next buy! Do you use a i2c dac with it ?

Odroid is delivering outstanding products… Can’t wait to put my hands on the C2… We could consider editing the script to fit 64bit architecture… What do you think?

Nearly finished, incl. switch to debian :smiley: :smiley:
I will push it to my repo so you can have a look, fairly straightforward.
But there might be plenty issues to solve as this is their first 64-bit board.

Hi,

no, Hardkernel has it’s own i2s dac, which is actually excellent, but unfortunately without hardware volume control.
This one should be compatible with the C2.

I did try some 3rd party dac’s like the audiophonics Sabre ES9023 or the PlainDAC with the C1/C1+.
The driver recognizes them incorrectly as as Odroid dac’s, but who cares when they work perfectly :ugeek:
These should also work on the C2, as they use the same driver.

HK does not support anything else yet because of driver availability (actually: lack thereoff :mrgreen: )