Not sorting by Album Artist, and ReplayGain is missing.

When browsing the album list, my Various Artists albums aren’t sorting properly. There is an album entry for each individual artist on the album. I have set the preference to sort by albumartist, but it doesn’t work. Is Volumio actually looking for the tag: albumartist, instead of the more conventional tag: Album Artist? Album Artist is the tag naming convention that Freedb, MusicBrainz, etc… use. Can Album Artist also be made a sorting option?

And from what I’ve been reading, ReplayGain is supposedly supported, but can someone tell me where to find it? I’ve gone through all the GUI setup menu’s and don’t see it anywhere. I see volume normalization, but that’s another thing entirely.

Is Volumio no longer in development/supported?

I had this issue. It seems that some ripping programmes don’t enter “Various Artists” in the album artist field and when this happens Volumio goes to the track artists and includes them all. Editing the album metadata to correct the field stops it happening.

I’m also having a few odd issues with 2.555 regarding artists. Similar to the OP, I keep seeing individual artists in V/A compilations, whether I do sort by Artist or AlbumArtist.

Another oddity is dual entries for the same artist. Usually, I would put this down to an error on my part, but I can’t see anything like that, this time.

An example…I have an album by the artist “FKA Twigs”

When scrolling through the artists page in volumio, I see two entries for this artist, one labelled as FKA [size=150]T[/size]wigs and the other labelled as FKA [size=150]t[/size]wigs…

I have checked the tags in my tagging application (Mp3Tag) and there is no instance of the term FKA [size=150]t[/size]wigs to be found, even in the extended tags table …
I also manually searched my music drive, to ensure there weren’t any duplicate files … No results