[SOLVED] Not connect the NAS after the new update

Please so kind to help, after update today the NAS is not accessibile, they see but the following error appierd (see below), I try to reconect it but no success, after Factory reset the system collapsed totally.
After the new installation same error apired:
Error in mounting share ZENE
(112): Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
But it work now work before, nothing change
The device is Raspberry 3 (“old one”)

I have also the same problem after updating to the latest version.
After doing an OTA update the connection to my NAS was no longer working.
Thankfully I had only updated one of my devices.
On the device i updated I tried to reconnect by typing in my ip address and path without success.
I thought that maybe the image was somehow corrupted during the update. I downloaded the new version.
Re-formated the card and re-installed the newest version. Still no luck in connecting my NAS.
Re-formated the card and installed an older version. No problem connecting to my NAS.
Hopefully this can be resolved with an update. Until then I will be running an older version.

Good evening
Same problem for me.
I’m waiting a new version.

same here, my NAS connection is broken after the new update. :neutral_face:

hello, the same for me, same error when a try to connect the NAS, it is seen by the system, i can choose it, but i can’t complete the installation . I can see the rapsberry on the network but can’t access to directory (intenal storage,usb…)

Yes the NAS dont work for me with 2.389.
It seems that it is mounted succsessfully but the indexing crashes, and slows the system down.
Ater deleting the NAS login data everything runs smooth again.

I dont know why but my SSH console is very slow now after the update. :question:

try editing the Alias in “My Music” and add vers=1.0 in the advanced options

Thank you “gkkpch”! That works.
2018-03-29_16_45_42.png

2 Likes

Thanks you « gkkpch » , it works for me to

I fixed this a different way. I have a synology NAS and added SMB3 support. I am stilling mulling over which approach is better.

Keith

Capture.PNG

That fix worked for me also

setting CFIS to vers=1.0 worked for me as well.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to me yesterday when I tried to upgrade to the latest version 2.389. However, a factory reset has helped to resolve the issue immediately. Are there any plans to add a „restore the previous version“ functionality to Volumio? After all, a backup is already taken as a first step when the upgrade is done - what for if it cannot berestored?

This thread is about cifs/ NAS.
You are not doing yourself a favour to hijack this for a restore feature suggestion hardly anyone (other than people with cifs issue) is going to read.
Why don’t you post this in “Suggest a feature”, chances that a dev reads it are much bigger there.

vers=1.0 fixed this for me, too. Thanks!!!

Well it took me 2+ months to find this post, no Volumio for me during this period.
Same problem, could not mount disk - error 112 Host down

vers=2.0 did not work but,
vers=1.0 seemed to have worked.

I have learned to dread updates, especially lately when mounting drives is such a problem.

But vers=1.0 seemed to have got me back online! I will know tomorrow when the searching is done.

On another note…
This auto-search for music may seem like a cool feature but it takes too long and returns too too many false positives. Junk files that volumio thinks are music files but are not.

Can you please return to option to manually add folders/music? PLEASE!!!

…and me too!

Very many thanks.
R

Fix of adding vers=1.0 worked for me , using dlink320l nas.

I waited until the DSM update for 5.2 was no longer beta to update because I didn’t want to run into any problems, and of course they found me anyway!

[size=25]Subway Surfers[/size][size=25]Psiphon[/size][size=25]Hill Climb Racing[/size]

Yes, this ‘Vers =1.0’ fix also worked for me with a now obsolete Readynas Duo. I had given up and attached a WD MyPassport external drive direct to the Pi; so I can now give that a rest.
Thanks.